The nonprofit group Consumer Watchdog asked that Google give users of its search engine the ability to "opt out" of leaving personal data, such as IP addresses, on Google's servers.
Broadband Advisor - News
Google and Microsoft said Monday that they have not backed away from their support for net neutrality principles, despite a report to the contrary.
Microsoft will add features to the next version of Internet Explorer to make it more accessible to disabled users of the Web, the company said Thursday.
Telstra’s broadband hopes have been shot to pieces following a government decision to exclude it from the National Broadband Network (NBN) tender.
Internet Service Providers (ISPs) participating in live trials of the national Internet content filtering scheme say the tests will be undermined by a government decision to test the “clean-feed” blacklist under watered-down conditions.
Australian Governments of all levels have jointly released a framework to accelerate the development and use of broadband in Australia to ensure the country remains domestically and internationally competitive.
Three months after its release, Google appears ready to take its Chrome Web browser out of beta.
The Coalition has attacked a scathing report by local governments on the state of broadband in Australia which labelled telecommunications under the Howard government as “extremely sluggish and frustrating”.
The Australian Federal Police (AFP) yesterday arrested and charged two Brisbane men with money laundering offences linked to a BitTorrent tracker site. A $54,000 bank account belonging to one of the men was subsequently frozen.
Opponents to the government's Internet content filtering scheme will take to the streets in a series of protests planned in Australia's capital cities.
The World Internet Project has released the results of its first ever global survey of Internet use.
The Australian Communications Consumers Action Network (ACCAN) will be the new voice for consumers in the embattled telecommunications industry following a $700,000 government grant announced Monday.
Telstra has accused Singtel Optus of failing to make financial disclosures to the ASX regarding its source of funding for the National Broadband Network, just days after its own [[artnid:269018|lack of compliance|new]] with the tender process.
Bids for Australia's National Broadband Network (NBN) are in and the tender is closed, signalling the end of the year-long battle that has seen vicious fighting between contenders and harsh criticism of the government's broadband policies.
iiNet customers to receive quota-free Xbox Live downloads
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAccount Executive - SMENSW
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerACT
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT
- FTTraffic / Production ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- FTCustomer Support/Helpdesk Support SpecialistQLD
- FTJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Developer - Java and AWSVIC
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCPrincipal Business AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCLevel 1 Help Desk - Immediate Start!QLD
- CCService Desk Tier 3 EngineerQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorQLD
- CCAutomated Test EngineerACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCAutoCAD Business System Analyst/ GIS, Spatial AnalystNSW