The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
A telco analyst firm responsible for a scathing report on Internet access in Australia has defended its claims amid a barrage of criticism.
Cisco Wednesday issued a security alert warning of a quartet of vulnerabilities affecting all of its wireless LAN controllers, including the Catalyst 6500 and 7600 wireless modules, with software version 4.2 or higher.
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
The European Union (EU)'s antitrust agency may force Microsoft to include rival browsers in Windows, according to a regulatory filing submitted last week by the US software developer.
Telstra's top network chief Greg Winn has resigned less than a month after the telco was banned by government from bidding on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The swearing in of US President Barack Obama and the other presidential inauguration activities generated massive Web traffic Tuesday, leading to site slowdowns but not to a general meltdown of the Internet.
Australian Internet surfers enjoyed significant improvements in performance during the last quarter of 2008, according to new international research.
China's government launched a month-long campaign to stamp out Internet pornography on Monday, with Google's search engine topping the list of Web sites it wants to see crack down on pornographic content.
Google has added a new feature to enable users to find and access their Google documents straight from the desktop.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
The Internet needs to be globally regulated if it is to have any chance of stopping scams such as security 'scareware', a researcher has suggested.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
Internet and telephone traffic between Europe and the Middle East and Asia was hampered Friday after three major underwater data lines were cut, according to France Telecom.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - QlikviewVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCProducts and Markets Business AnalystNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCService Desk ManagerVIC
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystACT
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW
- CCProject Manager IT infrastructureACT
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCSolution Architect - .NET environmentACT
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Military jets, subs, bases and networksACT
- CCSenior Network EngineersACT
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW