The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Broadband Advisor - News
A telco analyst firm responsible for a scathing report on Internet access in Australia has defended its claims amid a barrage of criticism.
Cisco Wednesday issued a security alert warning of a quartet of vulnerabilities affecting all of its wireless LAN controllers, including the Catalyst 6500 and 7600 wireless modules, with software version 4.2 or higher.
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
The European Union (EU)'s antitrust agency may force Microsoft to include rival browsers in Windows, according to a regulatory filing submitted last week by the US software developer.
Telstra's top network chief Greg Winn has resigned less than a month after the telco was banned by government from bidding on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The swearing in of US President Barack Obama and the other presidential inauguration activities generated massive Web traffic Tuesday, leading to site slowdowns but not to a general meltdown of the Internet.
Australian Internet surfers enjoyed significant improvements in performance during the last quarter of 2008, according to new international research.
China's government launched a month-long campaign to stamp out Internet pornography on Monday, with Google's search engine topping the list of Web sites it wants to see crack down on pornographic content.
Google has added a new feature to enable users to find and access their Google documents straight from the desktop.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
The Internet needs to be globally regulated if it is to have any chance of stopping scams such as security 'scareware', a researcher has suggested.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
Internet and telephone traffic between Europe and the Middle East and Asia was hampered Friday after three major underwater data lines were cut, according to France Telecom.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- CCDeployment EngineerSA
- FTInfrastructure Architect (Adelaide Based)VIC
- FTApplication Support Analyst/DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTSupport Analyst / Production Support - InformaticaNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPSystem AdministratorVIC
- TPTechnical Business Analyst - DigitalQLD
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCTest Automation EngineerVIC
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- CCSalesforce - Functional Analyst (BA)NSW
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPMobile DeveloperWA
- FTConsultant Business AnalystQLD
- FTSystem EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- CCFront-End DeveloperQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA