The DEMO 09 conference launched 39 promising new technologies for consumers and businesses, with each presenter being given a scant six minutes to make their pitch to 500 attendees. Here are highlights from five notable presentations.
Broadband Advisor - News
A telco analyst firm responsible for a scathing report on Internet access in Australia has defended its claims amid a barrage of criticism.
Cisco Wednesday issued a security alert warning of a quartet of vulnerabilities affecting all of its wireless LAN controllers, including the Catalyst 6500 and 7600 wireless modules, with software version 4.2 or higher.
Microsoft has again warned users of Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) that they may not be able to uninstall either the service pack or Internet Explorer 8 (IE8).
The European Union (EU)'s antitrust agency may force Microsoft to include rival browsers in Windows, according to a regulatory filing submitted last week by the US software developer.
Telstra's top network chief Greg Winn has resigned less than a month after the telco was banned by government from bidding on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
The swearing in of US President Barack Obama and the other presidential inauguration activities generated massive Web traffic Tuesday, leading to site slowdowns but not to a general meltdown of the Internet.
Australian Internet surfers enjoyed significant improvements in performance during the last quarter of 2008, according to new international research.
China's government launched a month-long campaign to stamp out Internet pornography on Monday, with Google's search engine topping the list of Web sites it wants to see crack down on pornographic content.
Google has added a new feature to enable users to find and access their Google documents straight from the desktop.
Fewer than 60% of European Web users run Microsoft's Internet Explorer, a French-based metrics company reported yesterday, while more than 31% have switched to Mozilla's Firefox.
The Internet needs to be globally regulated if it is to have any chance of stopping scams such as security 'scareware', a researcher has suggested.
The Wireless Power Consortium hopes to make powering portable electronic devices simpler by offering a standard way to recharge them without wires.
Internet and telephone traffic between Europe and the Middle East and Asia was hampered Friday after three major underwater data lines were cut, according to France Telecom.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSystem EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerVIC
- FTSolution Architect with end user (EUC) computing experienceNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorSA
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8NSW
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCConsumer Social Specialist (Digital)VIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- FTICT Manager - DefenceACT
- CCBusiness and Reporting AnalystWA
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Python DeveloperNSW
- FTCloud Automation EngineerSA