With the leaking of the supposed Australian Communication & Media Authority's (ACMA) URL “blacklist”, further doubts have been raised over whether such a list, and even Web Filtering itself, can successfully achieve the federal government's goal of protecting Australians from undesirable content like child pornography.
iiNet has rejected Telstra's claims it is not to blame for the closure of its Canberra exchange and subsequent disconnection of 42 customers from rival ISPs.
A U.S. District Court has ordered seven Internet-based lending operations to halt some of their practices after the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the state of Nevada complained that the companies failed to disclose key loan terms and used abusive collection tactics.
A telco analyst firm responsible for a scathing report on Internet access in Australia has defended its claims amid a barrage of criticism.
iiNet will lodge its defence in the Federal Court today to claims it has infringed the copyrighted material of leading film studios and the Seven Network.
Australian Internet surfers enjoyed significant improvements in performance during the last quarter of 2008, according to new international research.
As President-elect Barack Obama begins fleshing out his agenda, one promising sign is that he considers Internet infrastructure to be key, judging from both his stated goals and the caliber of people he's asking to advise him on policy.
The Australian Internet industry has supported iiNet in its defence against legal action filed by the leading US media giants and the Seven Network, which experts say could force providers to police peer-to-peer traffic if the Federal Court rules in favour of the plaintiffs.
The leading film studios and Channel 7 have taken legal action against iiNet claiming the ISP is complicit in the infringement of their copyrighted material.
The US Congress will push for net neutrality legislation next year, even though the US Federal Communications Commission has acted against broadband providers that it found to block or slow Web content.
A U.S. Internet service provider suspected of aiding cybercriminals in online scams and hosting child pornography was at least partially cut off from the Internet on Tuesday night.
Federal Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy has dodged a question by the Greens, who claimed he said in an October Senate estimates hearing that countries such as Sweden and Canada had mandatory Internet filtering systems similar to those now being trialled in Australia, when in fact they don’t.
The Competitive Carriers Coalition (CCC) and chair of Broadband World Australia 2008 have claimed that Telstra has pulled out of the event after it failed to force conference organiser, Terrapinn, to remove the CCC and independent telco analyst, Paul Budde, from the program.
Sprint-Nextel has decided to sever its Internet connection with Cogent, another US-based Internet service provider, according to a statement from Cogent.
A group of technology and entertainment heavyweights is undertaking a public relations campaign to dissuade consumers from illegal file sharing, something the group calls "net pollution."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- More doubts surface over enforceability of ACMA's blacklist
- Exchange closure nets customers for Telstra, irks iiNet
- Court halts Internet lending practices
- Benchmarker defends Oz broadband report
- iiNet prepares its defence in copyright infringement case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/Oracle) 160603/AP/vmpAsia
- CCSenior Applications SpecialistQLD
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- CCIT Technical Writer- understanding in RDMBS,Web server, StorageNSW
- CCEngineering Lead - InfrastructureVIC
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (HTML/JAVA/MySQL) 160613/JP/921Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCSenior IT Automated TesterNSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- CCImplementation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW