With the leaking of the supposed Australian Communication & Media Authority's (ACMA) URL “blacklist”, further doubts have been raised over whether such a list, and even Web Filtering itself, can successfully achieve the federal government's goal of protecting Australians from undesirable content like child pornography.
iiNet has rejected Telstra's claims it is not to blame for the closure of its Canberra exchange and subsequent disconnection of 42 customers from rival ISPs.
A U.S. District Court has ordered seven Internet-based lending operations to halt some of their practices after the U.S. Federal Trade Commission and the state of Nevada complained that the companies failed to disclose key loan terms and used abusive collection tactics.
A telco analyst firm responsible for a scathing report on Internet access in Australia has defended its claims amid a barrage of criticism.
iiNet will lodge its defence in the Federal Court today to claims it has infringed the copyrighted material of leading film studios and the Seven Network.
Australian Internet surfers enjoyed significant improvements in performance during the last quarter of 2008, according to new international research.
As President-elect Barack Obama begins fleshing out his agenda, one promising sign is that he considers Internet infrastructure to be key, judging from both his stated goals and the caliber of people he's asking to advise him on policy.
The Australian Internet industry has supported iiNet in its defence against legal action filed by the leading US media giants and the Seven Network, which experts say could force providers to police peer-to-peer traffic if the Federal Court rules in favour of the plaintiffs.
The leading film studios and Channel 7 have taken legal action against iiNet claiming the ISP is complicit in the infringement of their copyrighted material.
The US Congress will push for net neutrality legislation next year, even though the US Federal Communications Commission has acted against broadband providers that it found to block or slow Web content.
A U.S. Internet service provider suspected of aiding cybercriminals in online scams and hosting child pornography was at least partially cut off from the Internet on Tuesday night.
Federal Communications minister Senator Stephen Conroy has dodged a question by the Greens, who claimed he said in an October Senate estimates hearing that countries such as Sweden and Canada had mandatory Internet filtering systems similar to those now being trialled in Australia, when in fact they don’t.
The Competitive Carriers Coalition (CCC) and chair of Broadband World Australia 2008 have claimed that Telstra has pulled out of the event after it failed to force conference organiser, Terrapinn, to remove the CCC and independent telco analyst, Paul Budde, from the program.
Sprint-Nextel has decided to sever its Internet connection with Cogent, another US-based Internet service provider, according to a statement from Cogent.
A group of technology and entertainment heavyweights is undertaking a public relations campaign to dissuade consumers from illegal file sharing, something the group calls "net pollution."
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 3 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 4 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 5 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- More doubts surface over enforceability of ACMA's blacklist
- Exchange closure nets customers for Telstra, irks iiNet
- Court halts Internet lending practices
- Benchmarker defends Oz broadband report
- iiNet prepares its defence in copyright infringement case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCData Analyst | Data Feeds | Catalogue and MapNSW
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC