Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
While drivers are accustomed to using traffic reports to assess road conditions, pedestrians who navigate cities are typically left without aid to determine the best route. But researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology using wikis and ...
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer(IBM DB2/WebSphere)160419/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCEnterprise Architect (Security)NSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- FTLevel 2 IT Field Systems Engineer/Administrator - Multiple opportunitiesNSW
- CCITIL Environment, Configuration, Release Manager- Banking/GovtNSW
- FTMs Dynamics Nav Support Analyst- Level 1/2WA
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- CCAccount Manager - Software Solutions - Global IT CompanyNSW
- CCHyperion ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Contract Junior Programmer (JUD-16493-4)Asia
- CCBPM ConsultantVIC
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160428/AP/143Asia
- CCContract Analyst/Programmer II (Drupal 7.39/PHP) 160427/CAP/vccAsia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160505/AP/951Asia
- FTProject Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTVendor Manager / Team Lead - ITIL / ITSMVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTJunior Inside Sales Rep | National systems integrator & MSP | $60-70K+NSW
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Data ManagementNSW
- CCJava Developer (front end)WA