Most users run into an Internet black hole when the Web site they want to access won't load or their e-mail seems to get swallowed up in cyberspace.
When it comes to business, are you toying between a Blackberry or an iPhone? We've taken a look at how function in a business environment to help you decide
Want to make Firefox jump through hoops?
Since the dawn of time -- or, at least, the dawn of personal computers -- the holy wars over desktop operating systems have raged, with each faction proclaiming the unrivaled superiority of its chosen OS and the vile loathsomeness of all others.
About five months ago, Macintosh lovers finally got their hands on Mac OS X 10.5 "Leopard," which boasts more than 300 new features spread across its interface and underpinnings. Some of those features are well-known -- the Dock's "stacks" function, ...
Sometimes a technology idea is too good to be true.
There's a lot of buzz about Facebook, but what is it, exactly? What does it do? Can anybody join? How much does it cost?
Ensure the Net doesn't ruin your life... or career
Whether you're looking for a job, a party, or long-lost friends, your ideal online meeting place is out there. We'll help you find it.
What is it about April Fools' Day jokes that we love so much? Perhaps it's that, in the midst of the crushing influx of information that many of us cope with daily, a well-constructed prank provides a welcome break. For a moment, we smile, even when ...
The free apps you can't live without.
More than a year ago, I wrote a column called "Why the iPhone will change the (PC) world." In that piece I described how the user interface of future operating systems -- the next-generation Windows, OS X and Linux UIs -- will have iPhone-like elemen...
How to stay secure when gambling online.
Don't have enough time to go looking for news and information or even to e-mail friends and colleagues? If so, then try using social networks. We've selected 20 of the most useful social networks for IT professionals. And these networks aren't just f...
The just-released beta 4 version of Firefox 3 shows a browser short on flash and long on important, useful improvements that make browsing the Web easier, faster, safer, and simpler to customize. The primary interface has been somewhat modified to lo...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Broadband growth seen slowing, shifting to Asia
- WiGig fast wireless may change Wi-Fi, home networks
- Google secure data tool ties Apps to company data
- Telco insiders say regulatory reform raises questions for Telstra
- 3 to allow Next G mobile broadband roaming from mid April
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSCCM - SCOM - AD Systems EngineerNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTManager; Enterprise ArchitectureNSW
- FTSenior Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- CCInteraction & Visual - Web DesignerNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCMarketing Communications Specialist - Global IT CompanyNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - Trading SystemsNSW
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTDeveloper - OSB/BPELNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSCRUM MasterNSW
- FTTechnical/Team Lead - .NetNSW
- CCBusiness Data AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCJAVA ArchitectVIC
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- CCVMWare ConsultantWA
- FTGeneral Manager: Applications DevelopmentVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (Network & System Mgt.) 160509/ITA/281Asia
- CCSales Development Executive - Flexible Working HoursNSW