Does the Australian community need protecting from the worst the Web has to offer? The government appears to think so. Here's short guide to the rocky road to internet filtering in Australia.
Despite criticism the big ISPs have shunned the Federal Government's Internet filter trial, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has declared Optus has jumped on-board.
Betfair CEO Andrew Twaits is outraged the multi-billion dollar company has been blacklisted under the government Internet content filters, a move set to annex tens of millions of dollars in local revenue.
iiNet has rejected Telstra's claims it is not to blame for the closure of its Canberra exchange and subsequent disconnection of 42 customers from rival ISPs.
Independent South Australian senator, Nick Xenophon, has spoken out against the Government’s Internet content filtering plan saying “there are better ways to deal with the problem”.
Telstra announced today the company's much-publicised CEO Sol Trujillo will leave the company on June 30, 2009 and return to the US.
Google and a group of partners have released a set of tools designed to help broadband customers and researchers measure performance of Internet connections.
The government’s decision to veil recommendations made by the National Broadband Network (NBN) expert panel from public scrutiny has garnered mixed opinions from the telco industry.
A six-week review into the regulatory environment for Australia's looming National Broadband Network (NBN) has been completed and received by the federal government.
Telstra's top network chief Greg Winn has resigned less than a month after the telco was banned by government from bidding on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
Analysts have locked horns over the need for Telstra's dark fibre to be integrated into the government's $10 billion National Broadband Network (NBN).
Who would have thought the government's proposed Internet filtering scheme would bring together so many disparate groups all united in their opposition to mandatory censorship?
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
China's government launched a month-long campaign to stamp out Internet pornography on Monday, with Google's search engine topping the list of Web sites it wants to see crack down on pornographic content.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
- Betfair banned by ACMA
- Exchange closure nets customers for Telstra, irks iiNet
- Xenophon speaks out against Internet content filtering
- Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo to leave June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- FTSoftware Design Engineer (Embedded Software)SA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTPHP/MySQL DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCFront end web developer - JUNE / JULY STARTACT
- CCCommunication and Change ManagerVIC
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web Application DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Analyst, Applications - GDWVIC
- FTDigital Project ManagerVIC
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFront end and Full Stack DevelopersNSW
- CCInfrastructure Engineer - Windows, VMWare, HyperVWA
- CCIBM Sterling Developer + IBM Sterling Team LeaderNSW
- FTITSM Head of Service Desk & SwitchboardACT
- FTChange Lead- DigitalVIC
- FTProduct Owner - MarketingNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCOperational Team LeadVIC
- CCIT Program Delivery Office Lead- Government BackgroundNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Report/HTML/SQL) 160428/P/244Asia
- CCProgram Technical Director- Migration to SAP HR PayrollNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Guidewire Policy Center)NSW