Does the Australian community need protecting from the worst the Web has to offer? The government appears to think so. Here's short guide to the rocky road to internet filtering in Australia.
Despite criticism the big ISPs have shunned the Federal Government's Internet filter trial, Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy, has declared Optus has jumped on-board.
Betfair CEO Andrew Twaits is outraged the multi-billion dollar company has been blacklisted under the government Internet content filters, a move set to annex tens of millions of dollars in local revenue.
iiNet has rejected Telstra's claims it is not to blame for the closure of its Canberra exchange and subsequent disconnection of 42 customers from rival ISPs.
Independent South Australian senator, Nick Xenophon, has spoken out against the Government’s Internet content filtering plan saying “there are better ways to deal with the problem”.
Telstra announced today the company's much-publicised CEO Sol Trujillo will leave the company on June 30, 2009 and return to the US.
Google and a group of partners have released a set of tools designed to help broadband customers and researchers measure performance of Internet connections.
The government’s decision to veil recommendations made by the National Broadband Network (NBN) expert panel from public scrutiny has garnered mixed opinions from the telco industry.
A six-week review into the regulatory environment for Australia's looming National Broadband Network (NBN) has been completed and received by the federal government.
Telstra's top network chief Greg Winn has resigned less than a month after the telco was banned by government from bidding on the National Broadband Network (NBN).
Analysts have locked horns over the need for Telstra's dark fibre to be integrated into the government's $10 billion National Broadband Network (NBN).
Who would have thought the government's proposed Internet filtering scheme would bring together so many disparate groups all united in their opposition to mandatory censorship?
A federal government move to stamp-out illegal file sharing via the national Internet content filtering scheme will be impossible, experts say, without blanket ban on peer-to-peer traffic.
Telstra (ASX:TLS) CEO, Sol Trujillo, has played down the impact of its exclusion from the government’s National Broadband Network (NBN) on top-line revenues.
China's government launched a month-long campaign to stamp out Internet pornography on Monday, with Google's search engine topping the list of Web sites it wants to see crack down on pornographic content.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Optus: We want in on Internet filtering trial
- Betfair banned by ACMA
- Exchange closure nets customers for Telstra, irks iiNet
- Xenophon speaks out against Internet content filtering
- Telstra CEO Sol Trujillo to leave June 30
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTData AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Project ManagerVIC
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- CCSystems Engineer (Infra)NSW
- FTSenior Business Project ManagerNSW
- FTLife/400 Resource - PermanentNSW
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- TPAnalyst Workplace SupportVIC
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Architect - Infrastructure | Major BankVIC
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT
- CCSystems Engineer (Systems Architect/Designer)VIC
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- TPSenior Analyst Programmer - ContractQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- FTMid Level PHP DeveloperNSW
- CCSAP Consultant - SAP Native HANA to DesignWA