The ability to work anywhere, anytime is essential for any student. Thanks to mobile broadband modems it's easy to access the Internet whether you're at home, school or university
Broadband - Roundups
Looking for a tablet on a budget? You should look no further than PC World Australia's best buys. These tablets are a rank of the top 5 models based on perceived value for money.
Are you in the market for a new tablet? See what our expert reviewer's recommend with our editor's choice selections. These tablets are a rank of the top 5 models based on personal selection by the PC World Australia editorial team.
Looking for a new tablet? Why not start with our top rated selections? These tablets are a rank of the top five products based on review scores by the PC World Australia editorial team.
Apple has promoted a one size fits all approach with its 9.7in iPad and iPad 2 tablets, and most of the competition has followed suit with similar sized 10.1in models.
Apple has promoted a one size fits all approach with its 9.7in iPad and iPad 2 tablets, but this doesn't mean you aren't left with other choices.
Apple's hotly anticipated iPad 2 has just hit Australian shores, with prices starting at $579 for the entry level 16GB Wi-Fi version.
2011 has been a massive year for tablets, helped along by the debut of Apple's iPad 2. However despite the year fast approaching its end, there is still plenty of tablets to come in 2011: the most anticipated are Sony's late-arriving Tablet S and Tab...
The Apple iPad is currently the king of the tablet market, but Android tablets are set to have a big say in 2011 and beyond. Samsung, Optus, Telstra and Dell have currently released models in Australia, but the likes of Motorola, HTC, Sony Ericsson a...
Christmas is almost upon us again and now has never been a better time to buy a mobile broadband device. Prepaid USB modems from the likes of Telstra, Optus and Vodafone, along with a range of other products from a variety of manufacturers, let you r...
TV is no longer just about what is broadcast on free-to-air networks. In addition to cable television, the latest TV tech innovations allow you to watch television online in your loungeroom, record and pause live TV, access content on demand, along w...
Apple has played alone in the tablet space for almost a year, but genuine alternatives to the iPad are finally hitting the shelves. This Christmas, at least five tablet devices will be available in Australia, with many more following in 2011. Check o...
Telstra's Next G network, the telco's 3G mobile network that runs on the 850MHz frequency band, is claimed to provide the fastest download speeds of any carrier in Australia. Telstra also promises the widest coverage, claiming to cover 99 per cent of...
Often described as a hotspot in your pocket, a mobile broadband modem with Wi-Fi can have multiple devices connected for shared mobile broadband access over a telco's 3G network. These devices act in a similar manner to regular USB modems to access a...
Mobile broadband is a great option for staying connected when away from home or the office. Whether it's working remotely, or simply as a fall-back option should your fixed broadband connection fail you, lower prices and faster speeds continue to ens...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTIT Service Owner - Supply Chain TechnologiesNSW
- TPData AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst- Process (Banking or Insurance or Gov backg)NSW
- CCSenior Project OfficerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - PegaNSW
- FTSenior Information Security SpecialistQLD
- FTTest AdvertSA
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Network EngineerACT
- FTHTML DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analysts - Benefits RealisationACT
- CCDesktop Support/ Field Services EngineerQLD
- CCWindows System EngineerNSW
- CCFull Stack Developers x4!QLD
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Student Management SystemQLD
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTICT Transformation Integration ManagerNSW
- FTLooking for Information Security professional @ CanberraNSW
- FTSalesforce Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Support Manager - Perth BasedNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD