As we've seen time and again, in an increasing number of enterprise software categories, open source has become a promising alternative to commercial software. But there's no free ride.
Broadband - Reviews
Vodafone Australia today announced price cuts to its range of mobile broadband plans. Vodafone customers on the telco's 5GB and 1GB per month plans will save $10. The 5GB plan will now cost $39.95 per month, while the 1GB plan will be $19.95.
Linksys’ first simultaneous dual-band 802.11n router is one of the best on the market, providing a bevy of features and blisteringly fast speeds.
For its asking price, ASUS’ DSL-N13 offers a fair whack of value. It is easy to set up and maintain, but poor local throughput and Internet speeds are big deterrents.
Lightbox Photo is a server-based software tool that allows you to create your own image-sales site. It was originally designed to allow photographers to set up their own stock libraries rather than signing with Corbis or Getty – but it will interest ...
With built-in Wi-Fi now a regular feature of the latest PCs and notebooks, the role of the humble USB adapter is somewhat diminishing. However, with the expansion of 802.11 draft-n Wi-Fi into homes over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, chances are your co...
The DIR-855 Xtreme N Duo Media Router is the pinnacle of D-Link’s home networking range, providing simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi over both 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands for an optimal connection. It is over the top for simple Internet routing but for a home w...
For some time now, Norton security products have been saddled, not unfairly, with the reputation of being hardware resource hogs, slowing down every PC they're installed on. The situation was exacerbated further by the arrival of Vista. But no more. ...
Billing itself as ‘the complete all-in-one Web site design tool’, NetObjects Fusion 11 aims to fit snugly between the lofty space held by Adobe’s pricey but impressive Dreamweaver and a slew of lower-end budget applications, such as Serif’s WebPlus 1...
Telstra’s Turbo 7+ Series USB Modem is the latest Next G-compatible device from the telco, providing HSDPA-enabled 3G Internet in a tiny package. Data costs and inadequate support for Mac users may deter people, but this device offers great speeds an...
'Total Security' is a bold claim, so BitDefender Total Security 2009 has a lot to live up to -- and, by and large, it does.
Among the highlights of Adobe Creative Suite 4 (CS4) are a simplified workflow system, new tools for integrating Flash animations into projects, and expanded support for community features.
Panda Security's latest domestic range comprises three products: Antivirus Pro 2009, Internet Security 2009 and Global Protection 2009.
Vodafone has launched a mobile broadband 'Internet Stick' that is stylish and easy to use.
Telstra's Turbo 7 series Wireless Gateway combines a Next G-compatible modem and 802.11g wireless router for an all-in-one portable Internet solution.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCUser Interface(UI) DeveloperVIC
- FTDatabase Administration Team LeaderQLD
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- CCWindows 365 Engineer - start ASAPNSW
- TPSAP BO DeveloperWA
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTUX ResearcherVIC
- CCWeb Analytics Specialist | 6 month contractNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst -permanent opportunityVIC
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- CCHadoop DeveloperSA
- FT2nd Level Desktop Support Analyst l SCCMNSW
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Be a part of an innovation programVIC
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- FTAnalyst Programmer Investment BankingVIC