At last, Bing has arrived. We tested a preview release of Microsoft's new search/decision engine, previously called Kumo, to see how well it compares. Here's a breakdown of its new features and how well they perform.
On the surface, the Optus Wireless Broadband E1762 USB Modem doesn't provide any radical improvements over the E169 USB modem. However during testing we noticed better download speeds and a more reliable connection.
Google is mapping the world one street at a time.
Fujitsu’s LifeBook P8020 (3.5G) sits at the premium end of the lightweight notebook market and is aimed at anyone who works while travelling. It’s a 12.1in model that weighs 1.4kg, yet it packs a DVD burner, an Intel Core 2 DUO CPU, 2GB of RAM and a ...
The Wireless Broadband InZone Modem from Optus provides a 3G modem, 802.11g wireless router and 4-port Ethernet switch in one small, portable package. You can share your wireless broadband service with multiple computers at home or on the road, but O...
If all you want is a basic ADSL2+ modem with an Ethernet switch, and you aren’t looking for a fancy all-in-one wireless modem/router to distribute your broadband connection, the Linksys by Cisco ADSL2+ Modem Router AG300 is for you. It’s relatively s...
The USB Slimline Modem is the latest addition to Optus' range of wireless broadband modems. Using the same Huawei E169 7.2 megabits per second (Mbps) hardware as Virgin Mobile's USB modem, the Optus USB Slimline Modem provides good value. However it ...
The engin oneHUB is a wireless router, ADSL2+ modem and telephony device all rolled into one unit — hence the name. It's available to purchase for $99 when you sign up with an engin ADSL2+ plan, but it will also work with non-engin ADSL2+ plans...
As mobile broadband prices fall and data allowances rise, it has become a cost-effective option for many travellers, or even those who aren't able to get fixed line services at home. Virgin Mobile is one of the cheapest telcos in Australia, and its m...
Belkin’s N+ Wireless Storage Router (F5D8235au4) is an attractive wireless router that's easy to use and has a useful set of features. Not only can it distribute your Internet connection across wired and wireless computers, it can also be used to sha...
The 3 Mobile Internet Key E160 is a wireless broadband USB modem that's easy to set up. It provides full access to Telstra's Next G HSDPA network when roaming outside 3 Mobile's coverage area.
Postbox, new e-mail software that's currently in beta, aims to restore control to unwieldy inboxes. While it offers some nice features, including faster searching and organization, as well as ties to online services such as Picasa, Postbox can be a c...
The Web is full of snoopers, spyware, and people who want to steal your private information. IP Privacy ($45, 3-day free trial) can help protect you against them by helping you surf anonymously --; that is, hiding your IP address and other personal i...
If you rely on free video calls for work and for fun, and you need video-specific tools, such as three-way calling, consider ooVoo.
If you need to keep track of your mobile phone or broadband usage, the iiQuota iPhone app is a simple and attractive solution. Its $3.99 price tag is relatively high for an iPhone app, but it does support a range of providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 2 LED Lenser P7R Professional Torch review
- 3 Aftershokz Wireless Trekz Titanium Bone Conduction Bluetooth Headphones review
- 4 Review: Periscope users rejoice with Feiyu’s G4 Plus 3-Axis Gimbal for Smartphone video
- 5 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTBackup ConsultantWA
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- FTJava DeveloperNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCICT Security AuditorACT
- FTTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / ARIBA)NSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- CCSenior Project ManagerACT
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW