At last, Bing has arrived. We tested a preview release of Microsoft's new search/decision engine, previously called Kumo, to see how well it compares. Here's a breakdown of its new features and how well they perform.
On the surface, the Optus Wireless Broadband E1762 USB Modem doesn't provide any radical improvements over the E169 USB modem. However during testing we noticed better download speeds and a more reliable connection.
Google is mapping the world one street at a time.
Fujitsu’s LifeBook P8020 (3.5G) sits at the premium end of the lightweight notebook market and is aimed at anyone who works while travelling. It’s a 12.1in model that weighs 1.4kg, yet it packs a DVD burner, an Intel Core 2 DUO CPU, 2GB of RAM and a ...
The Wireless Broadband InZone Modem from Optus provides a 3G modem, 802.11g wireless router and 4-port Ethernet switch in one small, portable package. You can share your wireless broadband service with multiple computers at home or on the road, but O...
If all you want is a basic ADSL2+ modem with an Ethernet switch, and you aren’t looking for a fancy all-in-one wireless modem/router to distribute your broadband connection, the Linksys by Cisco ADSL2+ Modem Router AG300 is for you. It’s relatively s...
The USB Slimline Modem is the latest addition to Optus' range of wireless broadband modems. Using the same Huawei E169 7.2 megabits per second (Mbps) hardware as Virgin Mobile's USB modem, the Optus USB Slimline Modem provides good value. However it ...
The engin oneHUB is a wireless router, ADSL2+ modem and telephony device all rolled into one unit — hence the name. It's available to purchase for $99 when you sign up with an engin ADSL2+ plan, but it will also work with non-engin ADSL2+ plans...
As mobile broadband prices fall and data allowances rise, it has become a cost-effective option for many travellers, or even those who aren't able to get fixed line services at home. Virgin Mobile is one of the cheapest telcos in Australia, and its m...
Belkin’s N+ Wireless Storage Router (F5D8235au4) is an attractive wireless router that's easy to use and has a useful set of features. Not only can it distribute your Internet connection across wired and wireless computers, it can also be used to sha...
The 3 Mobile Internet Key E160 is a wireless broadband USB modem that's easy to set up. It provides full access to Telstra's Next G HSDPA network when roaming outside 3 Mobile's coverage area.
Postbox, new e-mail software that's currently in beta, aims to restore control to unwieldy inboxes. While it offers some nice features, including faster searching and organization, as well as ties to online services such as Picasa, Postbox can be a c...
The Web is full of snoopers, spyware, and people who want to steal your private information. IP Privacy ($45, 3-day free trial) can help protect you against them by helping you surf anonymously --; that is, hiding your IP address and other personal i...
If you rely on free video calls for work and for fun, and you need video-specific tools, such as three-way calling, consider ooVoo.
If you need to keep track of your mobile phone or broadband usage, the iiQuota iPhone app is a simple and attractive solution. Its $3.99 price tag is relatively high for an iPhone app, but it does support a range of providers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/Mobile App) 160115/JP/vhaAsia
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCContract System Analyst (Website/PHP development) 160122/SA/vmtAsia
- CCSAP Basis Admin with JavaACT
- CCAngularJS DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Performance Test AnalystACT
- FTFull Stack & Mobile EngineersNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/SA/881Asia
- CCOracle Business Analyst / TrainerSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- FTC# .Net DeveloperSA
- CCMid to Senior Level User Experience SpecialistsNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- CCiOS Developer - New AppNSW
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCSenior Systems Analyst (Biomedical)SA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Oracle ProcurementSA
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Enterprise Software SolutionNSW