After hearing so much about RIM's PlayBook it was good to get the opportunity to take this one for a spin, and while I certainly see what the fuss is about the device still faces hurdles ahead.
Motorola has unveiled its highly anticipated tablet: the Xoom. The Motorola Xoom is equipped with a 10.1in touchscreen and runs the latest version of Google's Android software: 3.0 or 'Honeycomb'.
Telstra's latest mobile broadband USB modem brings 21 megabits per second (Mbps) downloads to the prepaid broadband market. The Telstra Elite prepaid mobile broadband modem is faster than the Turbo Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband modem and is compatible wi...
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad. The ViewSonic ViewPad 7 boasts a 7in capacitive touchscreen, and runs the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Android.
Telstra has finally launched a mobile broadband Wi-Fi modem that allows multiple devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared Internet access.
The Linksys E2000 is a reasonably priced Wi-Fi router with excellent features. For its $170 price, you get a 300Mbps 802.11n dual-band wireless access point that can run either in 2.4GHz or 5GHz mode, as well as a four-port Gigabit Ethernet switch. T...
The D-Link Boxee Box is a stylish little media streaming device that has been designed to run the Boxee interface software.
Vodafone's latest USB mobile broadband modem offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers. The Vodafone K3571-Z USB stick works as advertised but lacks any nifty extra features and it only supports download speeds of up to 3.2 megabit...
The revamped Apple TV is an attractive, tiny, media streaming box that fits in the palm of your hand, and it offers an excellent user interface. If you're looking for a simple way to rent movies from Apple's iTunes store, the Apple TV's low price tag...
Good value for money is often the first term that comes to mind when starting a TP-Link review. While that might be because we lack the imagination to come up with anything better than cliches for opening lines, it's also because it's true. The TP-Li...
Vodafone's battery-powered Pocket WiFi modem allows up to five devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared mobile broadband access over a telco's 3G network. It's a similar device to the Virgin Mobile Wi-Fi Modem, but the Vodafone Pocket WiFi has ...
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 -- now in public beta -- is the newest version of Microsoft's browser. Compared with IE 8, it's faster, with a streamlined interface. But it's also still A beta, and unsurprisingly, some areas still need refinement.
Telstra's latest prepaid mobile broadband modem sports a slimmer profile than the telco's previous prepaid and has a rotating USB connector. The Telstra Turbo Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband modem also includes new software that is compatible with both Win...
Telstra's Ultimate USB Modem is claimed to be the world's first dual channel HSPA USB modem, promising typical download speeds of up to 20 megabits per second (Mbps) and a theoretical maximum download speed of 42Mbps. Targeted at companies with a mob...
The FIFA World Cup may be over but Optus is still selling its limited edition World Cup mobile broadband modems. Available in Lucas Neill (post-paid) or Tim Cahill (prepaid) flavours, the limited edition packs offer a better designed USB modem than O...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- CCProject Manager - Customer Engagement / NPSVIC
- FTSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCSAP ABAP ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTAnalyst: Business Intelligence & AnalyticsVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Agile Business Analyst - Online/Mobile experienceNSW
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCPortfolio-Program SchedulerNSW
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCJava/J2EE ConsultantVIC
- FTJunior Developer | C#, MVC & SQL | Class FinanceNSW
- CCPega BPM Developer / Configurer - 12 months contractACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | Canberra | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projectsVIC
- CCTibco DeveloperNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCInformatica ExpertNSW
- CCMVC .Net Developer- Hurstville NSW 2220NSW
- FTSenior Linux Sys AdminNSW
- FTJava Full Stack Developer - MelbourneVIC