After hearing so much about RIM's PlayBook it was good to get the opportunity to take this one for a spin, and while I certainly see what the fuss is about the device still faces hurdles ahead.
Broadband - Reviews
Motorola has unveiled its highly anticipated tablet: the Xoom. The Motorola Xoom is equipped with a 10.1in touchscreen and runs the latest version of Google's Android software: 3.0 or 'Honeycomb'.
Telstra's latest mobile broadband USB modem brings 21 megabits per second (Mbps) downloads to the prepaid broadband market. The Telstra Elite prepaid mobile broadband modem is faster than the Turbo Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband modem and is compatible wi...
ViewSonic is the latest manufacturer to announce an Android-powered tablet that will compete with the popular Apple iPad. The ViewSonic ViewPad 7 boasts a 7in capacitive touchscreen, and runs the latest 2.2 "Froyo" version of Android.
Telstra has finally launched a mobile broadband Wi-Fi modem that allows multiple devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared Internet access.
The Linksys E2000 is a reasonably priced Wi-Fi router with excellent features. For its $170 price, you get a 300Mbps 802.11n dual-band wireless access point that can run either in 2.4GHz or 5GHz mode, as well as a four-port Gigabit Ethernet switch. T...
The D-Link Boxee Box is a stylish little media streaming device that has been designed to run the Boxee interface software.
Vodafone's latest USB mobile broadband modem offers plug-and-play operation for Windows and Mac computers. The Vodafone K3571-Z USB stick works as advertised but lacks any nifty extra features and it only supports download speeds of up to 3.2 megabit...
The revamped Apple TV is an attractive, tiny, media streaming box that fits in the palm of your hand, and it offers an excellent user interface. If you're looking for a simple way to rent movies from Apple's iTunes store, the Apple TV's low price tag...
Good value for money is often the first term that comes to mind when starting a TP-Link review. While that might be because we lack the imagination to come up with anything better than cliches for opening lines, it's also because it's true. The TP-Li...
Vodafone's battery-powered Pocket WiFi modem allows up to five devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared mobile broadband access over a telco's 3G network. It's a similar device to the Virgin Mobile Wi-Fi Modem, but the Vodafone Pocket WiFi has ...
Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 -- now in public beta -- is the newest version of Microsoft's browser. Compared with IE 8, it's faster, with a streamlined interface. But it's also still A beta, and unsurprisingly, some areas still need refinement.
Telstra's latest prepaid mobile broadband modem sports a slimmer profile than the telco's previous prepaid and has a rotating USB connector. The Telstra Turbo Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband modem also includes new software that is compatible with both Win...
Telstra's Ultimate USB Modem is claimed to be the world's first dual channel HSPA USB modem, promising typical download speeds of up to 20 megabits per second (Mbps) and a theoretical maximum download speed of 42Mbps. Targeted at companies with a mob...
The FIFA World Cup may be over but Optus is still selling its limited edition World Cup mobile broadband modems. Available in Lucas Neill (post-paid) or Tim Cahill (prepaid) flavours, the limited edition packs offer a better designed USB modem than O...
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- TPSenior Java Developer / DevOps - ContractQLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCDesktop RolloutVIC
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- CCCrystal Reports DeveloperSA
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- FTERP ConsultantQLD
- TPDrupal Developer - Immediate startQLD
- TPDatabase Integration SpecialistVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCSolution Architect - VMwareVIC
- CCMidrange ProvisioningNSW
- FTSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness Analyst AO7QLD
- FTPart Time - IT Service Desk AnalystVIC
- TPMicrosoft Analyst ProgrammerSA
- FTSenior Dot Net Backend Orientated DeveloperNSW
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- FTBranch Practice Manager - SecurityQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- FTPMO Coordinator-Permanent Opportunity-Education/Government Background EssentialNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC