Telstra's Turbo 7 series ExpressCard is a Next G-compatible 3G modem for those who need Internet on the go. A refresh of the company's Turbo 3 series, this device provides better upload speeds while retaining the same fast download speeds. Driver ins...
Broadband - Reviews
If you don't need a fast, draft-n wireless network, the Linksys WRT54G2 is one of the best options on the market. This is mainly because it's so easy to set up, is a reliable performer, and comes with the convenient LELA configuration and monitoring ...
3 Mobile has launched a new-look Internet key that offers wireless access to the Internet via 3's high-speed 3G network. In addition to a slimline design, the Internet Key is plug and play -- the software required for its use is installed off the USB...
The Optus Roamer USB is the latest addition to the growing mobile broadband market. Offering HSDPA speeds of up to 3.6Mbps, the Roamer USB works reasonably well. However, not all Australians will be able to experience the fastest speeds due to Optus'...
When an Internet connection has to be set-up and shared in a location without any Internet infrastructure, D-Link's DIR-451 will come in handy. It's a 3G router that can distribute a 3G signal over its four-port 10/100 Ethernet switch or 802.11g wire...
Telstra's latest wireless notebook cards claim to deliver download speeds bursting at up to 6Mbps, and upload speeds of up to 1.3Mbps. The Turbo 7 Series, marketed at business users, come in ExpressCard or USB variants and are the fastest mobile broa...
Offering wireless access to the Internet via 3 Mobile's high-speed 3G network, the MobileBroadband USB modem is a convenient way to go wireless. It connects via USB, so it offers a flexible alternative for users of desktop PCs and notebooks, as many ...
Although Optus hasn't upgraded to the High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) network, their Wireless Connect card remains a solid option in the mobile broadband space, thanks to decent speeds and excellent mobile coverage. Using a PCMCIA data card...
Claiming average speeds of between 550Kbps and 1.5Mbps with a peak speed of 1.8Mbps, Telstra's BigPond Next G Mobile Card is ideal for users with a PCMCIA slot on their notebook. Connecting to the Internet via High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA...
Working on the company's HSDPA network, 3 Mobile's NetConnect HSDPA ExpressCard can offer download speeds up to 3.6Mbps (460KBps). The card uses the latest generation Express Card slot interface to achieve this high speed, so it's perfect for those o...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantACT
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTLead Drupal Developer - Gold CoastQLD
- FTExecutive Sales ManagerNSW
- TPProject Manager - EnterpriseACT
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCChange and Communications AnalystQLD
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPBI Data AnalystQLD
- FTTechnical Account ManagerQLD
- TPMobile Application DeveloperWA
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Hadoop, Qlikview, SalesforceNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantQLD
- CCProject DirectorVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC