Vodafone’s latest 4G modem proves an ideal investment for those who can’t get a fixed line service. The Wi-Fi Cube 4G is manufactured by Huawei, a Chinese company whose core competency is the building of networks, and that includes Vodafone’s own.
Broadband - Reviews
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries...
The Vodafone Pocket WiFi 4G is a Huawei-manufactured, to-the-point dual-band hotspot. It employs a simple design, setup, and operation to get you online via the telecommunication provider’s 4G (LTE) services in not much more than a minute.
Telstra's new portable Wi-Fi 4G Advanced modem includes a colour touch screen and is one of the first hotspot devices globally to support an LTE-Advanced network. It offers excellent speeds provided you are in a 4G coverage zone, though it certainly ...
Optus MVNO Virgin Mobile has offered a 4G service since late 2012, but its WiFi Modem is the first 4G mobile broadband device to launch on the network. It's a little heavy, the battery isn't removable and the speeds it produces simply aren't as fast ...
The Optus 4G Mini WiFi modem is a little chunky and the glossy front won't suit everyone's tastes, but Optus' 4G network offers impressive data speeds provided you're in a 4G coverage zone.
Telstra's pre-paid Wi-Fi 4G modem is the first product targeted at pre-paid users. It offers excellent speeds provided you are in a 4G coverage zone and is competitively priced.
There isn't long to go now before the 2012 London Olympics begin, and if you're still at a loss as to when your favourite sports will be shown live on TV, now's the time to get organised. With an Olympic TV schedule yet to be published by channel Nin...
Virgin Mobile's new battery-powered Mini WiFi Modem allows up to eight devices to connect to it wirelessly for shared mobile broadband access. The Optus network used by Virgin isn't as fast or reliable as we'd like, but the modem itself is convenient...
The Telstra pre-paid USB 4G modem promises typical download speeds of between 2 megabits per second (Mbps) and 40Mbps, but you'll only achieve these speeds in currently limited areas of 4G coverage.
Telstra's 4G Wi-Fi modem, simply called the Telstra Mobile Wi-Fi 4G, is Australia's first 4G wireless modem.
America's National Basketball Association (NBA) is one of the leading sports organisations in the world when it comes to embracing technology and delivering content to fans online. Its NBA LeaguePass Broadband package is available to fans worldwide a...
Telstra's USB 4G Modem is the first mobile broadband device in Australia to run on the company's new "4G" LTE network.
Optus is the first telco in Australia to utilise a femtocell product, and it's called the Optus 3G Home Zone. It's a small base station that plugs into your existing wireless router and uses a fixed-line broadband Internet connection to boost mobile ...
Telstra's Ultimate Mobile Wi-Fi modem has a lot of hype to live up to -- Telstra claims it's the world's first commercial, battery-powered dual channel HSPA+ Wi-Fi modem, and says it's the first 3G hotspot in Australia to support the Wi-Fi N standard...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLead Front End DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Reporting AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Consultant/ArchitectNSW
- CCCloud Automation Engineer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTInfrastructure EngineerQLD
- FTBusiness Development ManagerQLD
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTBusiness Development AnalystVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Community Transport SolutionsACT
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- CCPerformance Test AnalystSA
- CCChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTSEM / PPC SpecialistNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCMainframe ArchitectVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- FTDesktop Delivery Team LeaderVIC
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperQLD