Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
Broadband - News
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
It probably comes as no surprise that Google was selected as the number one development in e-commerce over the past 10 years by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), an industry trade group.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
The blogosphere is buzzing about what some are calling the death of the page view following Nielsen/NetRating's announcement Tuesday that it would stop using the traditional measurement as its primary metric to compare Web sites.
The social networking phenomenon continues to take hold of Internet users as one in five adults worldwide say they have visited such sites, according to a study released last week.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Acer Swift 7
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCTechnical Team LeadSA
- TPe-Learning Developer (Captivate 8)VIC
- CCSenior Technical Business Analyst - ITMSP - Melbourne CBDVIC
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCBPM Technical AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Business AnalystNSW
- TPBI Commercial AnalystVIC
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCServiceNOW DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk Analyst - Level 1VIC
- CCSenior Life 400 DeveloperNSW
- TPMid-Level Java DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Database AdministratorVIC
- CCCA ITCM / ITCA EngineerNSW
- FTHRIS ConsultantQLD
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness Project ManagerNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- CCSecurity AnalystACT
- FTSupport and Operations Team LeadNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- FTFront-End DevOps Developer/Consultant - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD