Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
"Ed," a retired spammer, built a considerable fortune sending e-mails that promoted pills, porn and casinos. At the peak of his power, Ed says he pulled in US$10,000 to US$15,000 a week, storing the money in US$20 bills in stacks of boxes.
It probably comes as no surprise that Google was selected as the number one development in e-commerce over the past 10 years by the Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA), an industry trade group.
Microsoft Research workers showed off some of their projects, including several that find new uses for mobile phones, on Monday at a summit in Redmond, Washington.
The blogosphere is buzzing about what some are calling the death of the page view following Nielsen/NetRating's announcement Tuesday that it would stop using the traditional measurement as its primary metric to compare Web sites.
The social networking phenomenon continues to take hold of Internet users as one in five adults worldwide say they have visited such sites, according to a study released last week.
In a nod to the success of emerging Web 2.0 technologies like AJAX and streaming media, one of the country's largest Internet benchmarking companies will no longer use page views as its primary metric for comparing sites.
Following last week's rumors that a deal was in the works, Google acquired GrandCentral Communications for an undisclosed sum.
Australia's leading broadband providers Telstra, Optus and iiNet all deny limiting P2P traffic within their networks in order to increase network speeds and save costs. This comes despite a recent admission from Westnet, along with several other ISPs...
ISP Dodo Australia is offering "free" ADSL2+ connections coupled with a complimentary 150MB of download data per month when customers sign up for a Dodo telephone service. That is of course if customers are willing to fork out 18 cents for each megab...
There has been a mixed response to the federal government's $1.9 billion broadband plan for Australia with one IP carrier claiming it raises more questions than answers.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin.) 160824/P/567Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCUNIX/ LINUX SERVER ENGINEERVIC
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCProject Manager- Radio CommunicationsVIC
- CCSalesforce Developer / UrgentNSW
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- FTImplementation ConsultantNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCGuidewire Business AnalystNSW
- CCSQL Database Administrator - DBANSW
- CCCommunications OfficerACT
- FTProject ManagerNSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW