Google dropped Bluetooth and the GTalkService instant messaging APIs (application program interfaces) from the set of tools for the first version of the mobile phone OS, Android 1.0, according to the Android Developers <a href="http://android-develop...
Broadband - News
The official Google Blog this week is reporting that the ‘Suggest’ search feature, which lists query suggestions when a user is searching any given subject, will go live over the next week.
Carnegie-Mellon University Monday announced it's making available a free add-on to Mozilla Firefox 3.0 that's intended to boost browser security.
Microsoft on Monday described some new privacy features that will come with IE8, the next release of its browser. The features are designed to make it easier for people to delete and control information about their Web browsing history.
A recent Google search of the popular social networking site MySpace for several variations of terms describing a person's maternal grandparents returned more than 11,000 search results.
Telstra’s BigPond business unit has cut the price of its mobile broadband services and now charges the same rate for wireless mobile card plans as it does for wireless modem plans.
Google has upgraded with a geolocation API its Gears browser plug-in, which is designed to let users work with Web-based applications when they aren't online.
Microsoft is delving into social bookmarking with the release in early September of the first version of a new bookmarking tool focused on its technical audience, the company said yesterday.
Users of Apple's MobileMe have already discovered that the US$99-per-year service is sometimes slow and unreliable, and they're now talking about another shortcoming that was intentional.
Mozilla has said that it is preparing to offer Firefox 3.0 to users still running older versions of the open-source browser, and might trigger the update within the next week.
The wireless broadband market is heating up, with Unwired Australia announcing an overhaul of its wireless broadband pre-paid pricing.
Chinese authorities have blocked Apple's iTunes Music Store, apparently because 'more than 40' athletes have listened to protest songs by bands such as Rush and Alanis Morissette.
Mozilla Corp. Thursday announced the winners of its third "Extend Firefox" contest, an annual competition that recognizes the year's best Firefox add-ons.
Debate is reaching a fever pitch over a new security feature in Firefox 3.0 that throws out a warning page to users when a Web site's SSL certificate is expired or has not been issued by a trusted third party.
Facebook has quietly launched a new type of advertisement it hopes will help in the struggle to find a way to help advertisers profit from the treasure trove of demographic and other data it has gathered from members of its social network.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerVIC
- CCServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCTrainer - AgileACT
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPSenior UI Front End DeveloperQLD
- CCProcess Project Manager X 2VIC
- PTRecruitment ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- CCWorkforce Planning ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMid-level .NET Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCDevOps EngineerWA
- FTSoftware Developer - .NETNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerACT
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - TelcoQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Windows Automation Specialist (Integration)VIC
- TPSenior Project Manager - Retail BankingNSW
- CCSenior Windows Systems Engineer- MCSE- SCOM, SCCMNSW