Microsoft Tuesday patched eight vulnerabilities, all rated critical, in four security updates for Windows, Office, Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 6, SQL Server and other programs.
Broadband - News
Unwired has introduced a new 10GB mobile data plan at the competetive price of $39.95 per month. Unfortunately, there's a catch.
Google last week removed some language in its Chrome browser's terms of service that gave the company a license to any material displayed in the browser, but that language remains in several other Google products, including its Picasa photo service a...
With all the hubbub surrounding Google's rollout of Chrome last week, nearly lost in the buzz was the release the week before of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2.
Last week's unveiling of a new browser is the latest in a series of moves by Google to rid the world of Microsoft Windows, according to analysts.
Just days after it rolled out Chrome, Google issued an update after Vietnamese security researchers reported a critical vulnerability in the beta browser.
Amazon.com has rolled out a video on demand service that offers users ad-free movies and television shows on Macintoshes or PCs.
Users running Firefox along with popular Norton security programs have reported problems after updating the browser to version 3.0.1, according to messages on Symantec's and Mozilla's support forums.
A team of researchers have built a malicious Facebook program an experiment to demonstrate the possible dangers of social networking applications.
A Google executive Thursday heaped praise on Apple's iPhone, even with his company set to challenge Apple in this same space with its Android mobile computing platform.
Facebook has started testing a safety icon developed by the state of New Jersey to allow users of the social networking site to report potential sexual predators, cyber bullies and inappropriate content, New Jersey AG Anne Milgram announced Wednesday...
Attackers can combine the months-old "carpet bomb" bug with another flaw disclosed last month to trick people running Google's brand-new Chrome browser into downloading and launching malicious code, a security researcher said today.
Microsoft today said it will ship four security updates next week, only a third as many as it did last month, to fix critical vulnerabilities in Windows, Office, Windows Media Player and other parts of its software portfolio.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- FTProject Coordinator/AdministratorNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateNSW
- FTSenior Functional Consultant - Data Analytics - TelcoVIC
- TPSystems Analyst - WHS ImplementationNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Data GovernanceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- FTBusiness Solution Architect, Supply ChainNSW
- CCIT SharePoint SpecialistNSW
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior BANSW
- FTEmail Production SpecialistNSW
- CCData Migration ManagerQLD
- CCAutomation TesterQLD
- FTSenior Java DeveloperQLD
- TPBusiness Analyst - AgileQLD
- FTTelco Program ManagerVIC
- TPSAP BA - Source to PayQLD
- FTNetwork Engineer - Cisco VoiceWA
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTSenior Security Sales SpecialistVIC
- TPSolution Architect - Integration - Bespoke ProjectQLD
- TPSenior SAP Time and Payroll Functional ConsultantQLD
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW