Google will half the length of time it holds data linking surfers' IP addresses to their Web searches.
Broadband - News
Anti-virus updates issued by Trend Micro last week crippled Windows XP and Vista PCs when they mistook several critical system files for malware, and blocked access to those files.
Microsoft said on Tuesday that the next version of its Silverlight media player, due early next year, will be able to play live high-definition video encoded for rival Adobe Systems' Flash player.
An administrator of a peer-to-peer network focused on distributing movies has been sentenced to 18 months in prison, the U.S. Department of Justice said.
What Japan lacks in geographic size, it more than makes up for in Internet attack traffic.
Microsoft Tuesday patched eight vulnerabilities, all rated critical, in four security updates for Windows, Office, Windows Media Player, Internet Explorer 6, SQL Server and other programs.
Unwired has introduced a new 10GB mobile data plan at the competetive price of $39.95 per month. Unfortunately, there's a catch.
Google last week removed some language in its Chrome browser's terms of service that gave the company a license to any material displayed in the browser, but that language remains in several other Google products, including its Picasa photo service a...
With all the hubbub surrounding Google's rollout of Chrome last week, nearly lost in the buzz was the release the week before of Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) Beta 2.
Last week's unveiling of a new browser is the latest in a series of moves by Google to rid the world of Microsoft Windows, according to analysts.
Just days after it rolled out Chrome, Google issued an update after Vietnamese security researchers reported a critical vulnerability in the beta browser.
Amazon.com has rolled out a video on demand service that offers users ad-free movies and television shows on Macintoshes or PCs.
Users running Firefox along with popular Norton security programs have reported problems after updating the browser to version 3.0.1, according to messages on Symantec's and Mozilla's support forums.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTLife/400 Developers / Programmers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- CCOracle SQL DeveloperACT
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- CCAccessability TesterVIC
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTFunctional ConsultantNSW
- CCSolution Delivery Manager / Project ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant/Systems AnalystQLD
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer - UI/UX - .NET or JAVANSW
- CCJunior Business AnalystNSW
- TPPMO SchedulerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- CCDevOps Lead - Agile/AWSVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- TPProjects Planning ManagerQLD
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- TPBusiness Project Manager IntegrationNSW