Parents of students at NSW public schools are set to receive a copy of the Department of Education and Training’s latest technology guide for parents, aimed at helping them understand their children’s use of information technology in schools and at h...
Broadband speeds in the U.K., Italy and Australia and many other countries are barely keeping pace with the demands of Web-based applications and video services, whose bandwidth needs are expected to only rise, according to a new survey.
Microsoft today defended the Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) tool that suggests sites based on the URLs typed into its address bar, saying that the browser "phones home" only a limited amount of information to Microsoft and that the company discards all us...
Ratcheting up the battle for the rich media space, Adobe Systems later this year plans to offer Adobe Flash Media Encoding Server, which is software to move video content to Adobe's Flash format.
Finding ways to limit DoS attacks and SMS spam by making it harder to spoof the origin of electronic communications is on the agenda at a telecommunications standards meeting this week -- but civil rights advocates worry it could put an end to anonym...
Fun seems to be the message with this year’s webcam and communications launches from Microsoft at its Hardware Anywhere event. This week the software giant announced that it is not only releasing two new webcams but also launching a video messaging s...
Research In Motion, typically considered an enterprise device developer, continues to push its consumer strategy with new services announced Thursday, including MySpace and Tivo applications and a music service for BlackBerry users.
Google began running a live test last year that lets people re-rank and remove search engine results and comment on them, but remains undecided about rolling out the changes for everybody.
Ten days after Google launched Chrome, the new browser's share of those used it to reach Computerworld's Web site has dropped from a peak of 9.7 percent right after it was released and stabilized at between 5 percent and 6 percent.
Mozilla will respond to rivals Google and Microsoft with a private-browsing mode in Firefox, according to notes posted on its Web site, and is on track to deliver one in 3.1, the version that will likely go beta next month.
Mobile social networking is a small part of the way people use their mobile phones, but industry officials expect that use will grow, and not just for teenagers who want to text their friends or send short video clips.
A new site dedicated to providing non-technical computer users with plain-English explanations of internet security risks has been launched today.
Symantec's latest security software in its consumer Norton line installs in less than a minute and uses much less memory, two key improvements the company sees as keeping its products competitive.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 8 (IE8) browser includes a keystroke-logging search suggestion tool similar to the one that Google modified Monday after coming under fire from consumers.
The Reserve Bank of Australia is set to meet with online auction house eBay Australia and its subsidiary PayPal in the next 30 days to discuss the removal of eBay rules that favour the use of PayPal as a payment option on the site.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCOPA Developer (Oracle Policy Automation)ACT
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSolution Architect_Microsoft ArchitectureACT
- FTManual Software TesterNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- CCJira Administrator - Western SydneyNSW
- FTSoftware Developer - Ruby on RailsNSW
- CCSenior Information Security SpecialistNSW
- CCVMWare Horizon View 6.1 roll out & IT support | Short contract | Macquarie ParkNSW
- CCOracle Apex DeveloperQLD
- FTJunior Software Developer- Complex Tax/ Superannuation SolutionNSW
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCImplementation AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | Projects & BAU | Coastal Newcastle NSWWA
- FTInternal Audit ConsultantACT
- CCCommercial Manager - Strategy / Big Data - Telecommunications -NSW
- CCBilling Assistant / AdministrationACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (MSSQL/.Net/Mobile App) 160122/SA/vhaAsia
- FTImplementation Consultant, Enterprise SoftwareNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Portfolio Manager - IT ProjectsNSW
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW