Web server survey site Netcraft's recent report may have indicated Microsoft's IIS is gaining ground over the venerable open source Apache HTTP server, but version 7.0 is promising to take the challenge to the next level.
Broadband - News
<a href="http://www.spock.com/">Spock.com</a>, a new search engine focused on finding people by crawling social networking sites such as MySpace.com and Friendster, launched in a beta format Wednesday.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Google News is adding a new feature that will allow people involved in news stories to add their comments to the Web page.
Emerging business technologies will fuel the security solutions market to double-digit compound annual growth rate of about $US1.6 billion by 2011, according to IDC.
Security consultancy iSec Partners this week detailed half a dozen ways to compromise VoIP-based phone systems based on the H.323 and Inter Asterisk eXchange protocols.
People who use online e-mail or social-networking sites at Wi-Fi hotspots could risk having their accounts hijacked.
The use of social networking sites worldwide has grown substantially in the past year, with some sites seeing total visits increase as much as 270 percent, according to a study released Tuesday by Internet measurement company ComScore.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Microsoft's CEO emphasized the importance of attracting talent and urged shareholders to be patient with the amount of time it might take the company to pursue its various business models, speaking during Microsoft's annual financial analyst meeting ...
Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg will defend against copyright-infringement allegations on Wednesday, when his lawyers ask a judge to dismiss a complaint filed by three former classmates of Zuckerberg who say he stole the idea for the social-networki...
Virgin Mobile Australia has launched Virgin Broadband, a broadband Internet package which it says is geared for the average household.
Femtocells, an emerging technology for improving cellular coverage in homes and enterprises, have attracted the interest of none other than Google.
Social networking site Facebook has bought Parakey, a tiny startup that had been developing software it bills as a Web-based operating system.
The working group for the emerging IEEE 802.20 mobile broadband standard, which was suspended last year after a fight over members' real company affiliations, has changed its voting rules.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Subaru XV 2017 review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 Kogan Atlas UltraSlim Pro laptop: full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTelecommunication Business SpecialistTAS
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior ICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTSystem AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - NV1ACT
- FTOracle Database Administrator (DBA)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst - Cyber Security EnvironmentACT
- FTProduct Manager - IoTNSW
- FTSenior IOS DeveloperNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- FTMobile Studio Manager/ Mobile UX Manager - GAME CHANGER!NSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- FTData Analyst (Query Scripting and Reporting)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst (Mid-level)VIC
- CCNetwork Design SpecialistNSW
- CCPMO AnalystVIC
- FTTest AnalystACT
- FTSenior Project Manager - Content MigrationVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Mobile ApplicationsQLD
- TPSAP Supply Lead - MM/LogisticsQLD
- CCNetwork Architect - SecurityVIC