Skype's Internet voice service "has not crashed or been victim of a cyber attack," the eBay subsidiary said late Thursday after some users were unable to log on for hours.
Broadband - News
Skype is experiencing software problems that have disconnected service for millions of users.
Nokia is offering to replace 46 million batteries made by another company for use in its mobile phones because of a risk of overheating, Nokia said on Tuesday.
Growth in Internet traffic, especially from burgeoning video Web sites and peer-to-peer usage, will put more pressure on network managers to handle the explosion and on private sector investors, and they should be allowed to do so in unrestricted way...
If he weren't so ethical, Markus Jakobsson could be a world-class online fraudster. In a way, he already is.
Web server survey site Netcraft's recent report may have indicated Microsoft's IIS is gaining ground over the venerable open source Apache HTTP server, but version 7.0 is promising to take the challenge to the next level.
<a href="http://www.spock.com/">Spock.com</a>, a new search engine focused on finding people by crawling social networking sites such as MySpace.com and Friendster, launched in a beta format Wednesday.
With an excess of 34 million regular users and about 15 billion page views per month, the world's hottest social networking site could be a marketer's candy store -- if developers can come up with the right recipe to monetize Facebook.
Google News is adding a new feature that will allow people involved in news stories to add their comments to the Web page.
Emerging business technologies will fuel the security solutions market to double-digit compound annual growth rate of about $US1.6 billion by 2011, according to IDC.
Security consultancy iSec Partners this week detailed half a dozen ways to compromise VoIP-based phone systems based on the H.323 and Inter Asterisk eXchange protocols.
People who use online e-mail or social-networking sites at Wi-Fi hotspots could risk having their accounts hijacked.
The use of social networking sites worldwide has grown substantially in the past year, with some sites seeing total visits increase as much as 270 percent, according to a study released Tuesday by Internet measurement company ComScore.
The move towards Web 2.0 technologies may well be another race between functionality and security, and for now at least, security seems to be at the tail end.
Microsoft's CEO emphasized the importance of attracting talent and urged shareholders to be patient with the amount of time it might take the company to pursue its various business models, speaking during Microsoft's annual financial analyst meeting ...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest Engineer - .NETNSW
- TPProject Manager - AgileWA
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPJava Developer -- ContractWA
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantWA
- CCSolutions Architect (Big Data Concepts / Fraud) - Finance - Contract - SydneyCBDNSW
- CCBPM ConsultantNSW
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Telco - AgileVIC
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperSA
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCService Now DeveloperVIC
- FTAX Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Exchange 2010NSW
- CCProject Manager, SuperannuationNSW
- CCSenior Android Developer (6 month contract)NSW
- FTSenior Middleware SpecialistNSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementACT
- CCOffice 365 SpecialistQLD
- FTDevelopment Manager - Web, Mobile and CMSNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW