Free WiFi internet provider myKP has partnered with Fring to provide free instant messaging and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) calls through WiFi access points.
The personal details of thousands of mostly U.S.-based PC users have been discovered stashed on a server located in France, another indication of use of the Internet to collect personal data on a vast scale.
Both pro and anti-APEC supporters are using the social networking phenomenon to garner support and fight for the political allegiances of Australia's Facebook community.
U.S. companies trying to figure out how to deal with the proliferating use at work of social networking sites such as Facebook, Myspace and Bebo may want to check the advice released Thursday by Britain's Trades Union Congress (TUC).
Three months after it opened its platform to outside developers, Facebook is taking steps to prevent some third-party applications from engaging in what the social networking company considers inappropriate actions.
Skype has launched a package for small businesses in Europe that bundles up the company's software with call credits and subscriptions for multiple users.
Microsoft has partnered with handset manufacturer Nokia to deliver some of its Windows Live services on wireless handsets in Europe and the Middle East.
The security backlash against Facebook has taken a new twist with a survey finding that large numbers of employees are now being blocked from accessing it.
A Microsoft executive on Tuesday addressed the recent Skype outage by comparing VOIP (voice over Internet Protocol) to early automobiles in a horse-drawn world.
Bebo, operator of the Bebo social networking site, and Microsoft on Tuesday announced an agreement to offer the Windows Live Messenger instant messaging service to Bebo users.
iiNet has struck a deal with Tomizone Limited, a New Zealand-based company offering services that allows Wi-Fi routers to share Internet bandwidth.
Ebay's explanation for last week's failure of its Skype communication service has left many users still wondering what caused the worst outage in Skype's five-year history.
Skype announced late Friday that all users could now again log on to the voice-over-IP service, marking the end of an outage that affected millions and lasted more than 48 hours.
A self-proclaimed hacker crew calling itself "clpwn" -- as in "clown" -- that's been bragging about how it's defaced sites such as CNN and Playboy Casino isn't doing anything earth-shattering, said a security researcher Wednesday. But the group is a ...
Google announced this week new features developed by its Australian R&D team which will soon make Google Maps more accessible to users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- FTJava Tech Lead - Full StackNSW
- FTOrchestration Engineer - DevOps - PuppetVIC
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- FTSharePoint DeveloperNSW
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Windows 7/8/10) 160901/SA/212Asia
- CCCA Gen Model Management-Oracle RDBMS, Oracle Solaris, TTNNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/Oracle) 160822/AP/259Asia
- FTRelease & Configuration Manager | Defence intelligence application | NV1 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Architect - POSVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- CCProject ManagerVIC
- FTJr .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCWebmaster content managementACT
- CCSecurity ArchitectACT
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- CCData ModellerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW