Vodafone has turned on its 4G (LTE) network in parts of Tasmania.
Broadband - News
Optus has reported that its Sydney- and Newcastle-based live network test sites recorded an aggregate throughput maximum of 2.3 gigabits per second (Gbps).
Telecommunications giant, Optus, has wrapped up its five-year 3G network upgrade program, having moved 4400 mobile sites across Australia to the 900MHz spectrum.
Telecommunications provider, Vodafone, has launched two new mobile broadband devices which will be compatible with its20MHz 4G network in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.
Research firm, Analysys Mason, claims LTE in 2014 “will make the spectrum-rich richer, and the spectrum-poor just a little better off” as more operators will deploy LTE-A carrier aggregation (CA) which benefits those with multiple spectrum positions;...
Locally-owned startup, Australian Broadband Services (AuSBBS), is targeting small businesses with new National Broadband Network (NBN) plans priced at $100 and $155 per month.
Telecommunications provider, Optus, is poised to begin a trial of a premium home wireless broadband product in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Brisbane which promises ADSL2+ speed to all homes and small businesses.
Telstra has today announced the launch of a new portable Wi-Fi 4G Advanced modem that includes a colour touch screen and supports the new LTE-Advanced network.
Google announced a number of enhancements to its social media platform Google+ and said the number of monthly active users on Google+ jumped from 390 million in May to 540 million users today.
Dodo has today announced its new range of consumer NBN plans, including a plan offering unlimited data per month.
Telstra has today announced a partnership with Sydney's ANZ Stadium, which will see the telco provide wireless connectivity to the sporting and events venue for the next five years.
Flipboard magazines have arrived on the Web. You can now publicly share with the entire online world any content you've turned into a digital magazine, even if the reader doesn't have a Flipboard account.
People might start seeing a lot more Instagram content across the Web -- the photo- and video-sharing app has just announced the introduction of Web embeds.
Chinese communications providers Huawei and China Mobile have successfully deployed 4G coverage on Mount Everest, some 5,200 metres above sea level.
Microsoft chairman Bill Gates will deliver the keynote address at a Microsoft research event later this month, the first time he has done so in eight years, Microsoft said.
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- FTSOE EngineerQLD
- FTStorage Engineer (HDS)NSW
- TPSenior Project Manager | April 2017 - July 2018QLD
- FTEnterprise ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork Consulting ArchitectVIC
- CCOrganisational Change LeadNSW
- CCWintel Engineers - NV1ACT
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTTeam LeaderNSW
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- FTNV1 Cleared Software Engineer - Defence Projects - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTNetwork Security AnalystNSW
- CCTechnical Business Analyst (Security) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPTechnical Analyst - 6 Month Contract - Great Rates Of PayNSW
- FTDrupal Developer - Senior or Mid levelQLD
- FTProduct Manager - FintechNSW
- TPGIS Officer | Map InfoQLD
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- CCChange LeadNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC