Australia continues to lose ground in the global broadband connection speed race.
Broadband - News
Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Michelle Rowland, has accused the government of suppressing unflattering information about the NBN, citing its refusal to release redacted portions of the 2013 strategic review into the National Broadband Network.
Australian broadband network, nbn, has reported an EBITDA loss of $1.6 billion for the year ending June 30, compared to $1.1 billion the same time last year.
Many people continue to call for Labor to order a Royal Commission into the NBN should they return to power. It’s not surprising why… the $36bn FttH national rollout has turned into a $60bn failed upgrade to the existing copper network with many que...
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
Ongoing leaks of sensitive documents at national broadband network (NBN) builder NBN Co were avoidable and highlight systematic failures in internal document controls, document-security specialists have warned as the fallout continues after the compa...
The company rolling out the ‘nbn’ network has sent flyers to residents in St Kilda offering them $100 to sign up to the nbn.
Telstra has finalised a new $1.6 billion contract with nbn to provide planning, design, construction and management services within its existing hybrid fibre-coaxial (HFC) network.
Communications minister Senator Mitch Fifield has claimed that Labor’s broadband spokesperson, Jason Clare, is preparing to unveil an NBN policy that will see the use of fibre to the distribution point (FTTdp) for a significant portion of the Nationa...
An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Up to five smartphone plans can pool together data allowances under Optus’ new Family Sharing offering.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Behind the scenes with Team Walkinshaw at V8 Supercars Melbourne 2017
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTSCCM AdministratorACT
- FTDatabase DeveloperSA
- TPProject SchedulerVIC
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- FTAgile TesterNSW
- CCSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Solution ArchitectVIC
- TPEngineer Desktop DevelopmentVIC
- CCDevOps Developer - TelcoVIC
- TPSenior Node.JS DeveloperNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- CCDevelopment Lead - Java - TelcoVIC
- FTOracle eBusiness Functional Consultant. (Procurement)NSW
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- FTKey Account ManagerVIC
- CCAgile CoachNSW
- FTSnr Salesforce Technical Consultant/Architect Global IT Company - SydneyNSW
- CCFirewall EngineerNSW
- FTTest AdvertSA
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- FTMicrosoft Designer / ArchitectVIC
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTETL Informatica DeveloperNSW