Evernote isn't a revolution. Like most of the technology products we tend to use regularly in our daily lives, Evernote is an evolution, a collection of good ideas that rolls into a single program the functionality of a half-dozen apps you would othe...
Broadband - Guides
Picking an Internet service provider (ISP) is never easy. The one that's right for you depends on a lot of factors -- a key factor being your budget and the next major consideration being the monthly data allowance you are given. But there are lots o...
Mobile broadband has changed the way many people work, socialise and live. The ability to access the Internet from your mobile phone means you can easily check social-networking sites, choose a restaurant to eat at or find cinema session times withou...
One of the key advantages of wireless broadband is that it allows you to have an Internet connection without being physically connected to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
With Naked ADSL you can get fast ADSL2+ speeds and save money by avoiding line rental fees. We explain what you need to know before making the leap to Naked ADSL.
The carbon footprint of a search query is nowhere near the estimate concluded by a Harvard academic, Google said late Sunday.
New exploits against VoIP continue to emerge, but experts say these demonstrations reveal the need for vigilant security and are not fatal flaws to the technology.
As technology and communications begin to converge, the focus is increasingly placed upon multifunction devices, such as the modern smartphone.
With more bandwidth and endless multimedia possibilities, 3G mobile phones are leaving 2G in the dust.
For the majority of those looking to upgrade to broadband Internet for the business or home, it's all about the extra speed.
Spyware ranges from the merely annoying to the potentially devastating, but our Anti-spyware guide will keep your PC pesk free.
Voice over IP is exactly what its name suggests. It is voice communication that is transmitted over an Internet Protocol (IP) service.
If you have multiple computers around the home or office and want to network them together to share an ADSL Internet connection then this guide is for you.
Even though computing resources may be locked in high-security data centres, the security guards can do nothing to stop an electronic assault by someone using a network address to access the system.
Personal data stored on your computer is worth a lot more than just the hardware. Make sure you take the necessary steps to ensure you protect it.
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Australian broadband speed ranking drops again despite NBN rollout
- Rowland says govt supressing unflattering NBN information
- nbn grows customer base, but suffers EBITDA loss
- [Updated] Labor has ruled out a Royal Commission into the NBN
- NBN: Labor to offer ‘greater proportion of fibre’, still not sold on FTTN
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - General InsuranceNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - ApplicationsNSW
- TPAnalyst Programmer (.Net)SA
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!WA
- FTMonitoring Tools Support l NimSoft , SMARTS, ehealth, TivoliNSW
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 required!!!!SA
- TPSoftware EngineerWA
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTRuby on Rails DeveloperQLD
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTData Analyst LeadSA
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - General InsuranceNSW