Malicious hackers and other assorted bad guys looking for new tools for plying their trade this upcoming holiday season will have plenty of toys and services to choose from.
Ever since the social networking site of Facebook opened itself up to outside development, there has been a flurry of Facebook applications created by independent programmers and companies.
Remember the old philosophical puzzler: If a tree falls down in a forest and nobody is there to hear it, are we sure it made a sound? With Tuesday's launch of Office Communications Server 2007, Microsoft is trying to render centuries of existential d...
With 46 million active users and over 300 Employees, Facebook could easily be called the new star of Social Networking.
One of the most frustrating aspects of being an IT professional who is required to be on call to respond to emerging support issues has long been the lack of flexibility available to these employees when trying to balance work with their home lives.
Web security is at the top of customers' minds after many well-publicized personal data breaches, but the people who actually build Web applications aren't paying much attention to security, experts say.
Network-based intrusion-detection systems (IDS) are an integral component of a layered IT security strategy. As October is National Cyber Awareness Month, if your overall security system doesn't include network-based intrusion detection, now is an ex...
Bad guys don't target just big, corporate networks. If you have a Wi-Fi network at home or in a small office, intruders may be after you, such as casual "war drivers" who troll city streets, looking for unprotected wireless networks.
We all know that in the technology world, the hype about new products often doesn't match reality. So it's fair to ask: Is the iPhone as good as its hype? In particular, does iPhone's much-discussed touch-screen interface really make using the device...
While drivers are accustomed to using traffic reports to assess road conditions, pedestrians who navigate cities are typically left without aid to determine the best route. But researchers at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology using wikis and ...
My former graduate student Steven Zeligman has just submitted another article for the column. Here are his practical suggestions (with the usual editing from me) on improving the security of shopping online.
Tucked into an affidavit filed by an FBI agent last month was the first hard evidence that federal agents are equipped with more than automatic pistols and handcuffs: The agency was asking a federal judge to let it infect a PC with spyware so they co...
Everyone has an idea on how to roll out the national broadband scheme, but who's promising what?
The war between Telstra and the Australian Competition and Communications Commission (ACCC) has escalated and there's still no solid vision of a high-speed Australian broadband network or pricing plan.
At PC World, we spend most of our time talking about products that make your life easier or your work more productive. But it's the lousy ones that linger in our memory long after their shrinkwrap has shriveled, and that make tech editors cry out, "W...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCWindows EngineerVIC
- CCNetwork Engineer - TelecomVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Infrastructure/JAVA) 160901/SA/486Asia
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTApplication AdministratorACT
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCStorage / Server EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- FTProject ManagerACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - TaxVIC
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCOracle DBA with Solaris experienceNSW
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCLinux EngineerVIC
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW