Microsoft is gaining new ground with its freshly rebranded Bing search engine, some recently released data suggests. Bing, the research finds, grew 0.8 percent during its second week online.
Opera Software lit up the blogosphere today with the debut of its Opera Unite, a collaborative technology that embeds a Web server in its Opera 10 browser, which is still in beta.
HTML 5, a groundbreaking upgrade to the prominent Web presentation specification, could become a game-changer in Web application development, one that might even make obsolete such plug-in-based rich Internet application (RIA) technologies as Adobe F...
I have a confession to make. When I'm in timewaster mode, I like to drop into some of the many confession, apology, and gripe sites on the Web to check on the progress of the human condition.
Internet filtering software that China plans to distribute nationwide blocks content related to a spiritual movement banned in China, despite government claims that the software targets only porn.
The European Commission unveiled a long-awaited draft recommendation Friday for how to create new fiber-optic-based telecommunication networks throughout Europe, but the move was heavily criticized from both sides in the debate over next-generation n...
So you thought Twitter was a waste of time? Just fun and games? Stupid even? Dell doesn't think so.
While it's easy for Firefox die-hards like me to turn our noses up at Internet Explorer, the fact is that Microsoft's browser has made a lot of progress. You've no doubt heard about newfangled features like Accelerators and Web Slices (see Preston Gr...
Tired of being productive? Who isn't? Every now and then, all you want to do is get in front of your PC, waste some time, and have some fun.
As Facebook has rocketed to its current position as the most popular social networking destination on the Web, some people have wondered whether there would be enough things for all of those millions of users to do once they arrived. That remains to ...
If you're a fan of online videos -- and let's face it, who isn't these days -- you'll no doubt be a fan of Ashampoo ClipFinder HD as well. This program lets you search for videos through multiple online video sites -- including YouTube, Yahoo Video, ...
It doesn't seem like it, but 20 years ago today, the dot-com era was born. On June 8, 1989, Brad Templeton, started Clarinet.com, an online newspaper business that many consider to be the company that started it all.
After using Facebook for a while, you notice that people tend to say the same things over and over in their status updates. They are bored at work, they're behind on sleep, they have big news -- or they just want to tell you how generally bitchin' li...
Microsoft's first commercial for Bing, the company's recently rebranded search engine, is officially out in the wild. The inaugural Bing ad focuses on the notion of "search overload," suggesting Internet users have been "lost in the links" while Amer...
Now that its available, my first experiences with Microsoft Bing lead me to a simple, inescapable conclusion, "So what?" I had imagined that something as widely hyped as Bing would be a life-changing experience. It wasn't. Not even close.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- CCCisco Network EngineerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analyst - PEXASA
- CCWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Systems AnalystACT
- CCIT Service Improvement SpecialistNSW
- CCData AnalystNSW
- CCJava Development EngineerNSW
- FTWintel EngineerACT
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCService ModellerNSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | ChatswoodNSW
- CCOracle Applications Projects Functional ConsultantSA
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant/Analyst (Data Loss Prevention)WA
- CCIT Security EngineerNSW
- FTDatabase AdministratorVIC
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - Audio VisualSA