Few companies seem to make more effort with its TVs than Samsung. The company has become the mass market king of TVs sitting atop an apex kept warm by Sony for so many years. And so it must have been galling to watch the likes of Hisense and LG swan ...
Brand Centre - Reviews
Last night we had our first look at Samsung’s new TV range. Few won’t have been impressed. The colour performance is stunning and rivals LG’s OLED TVs. The motion smoothing is also nothing-short-of-amazing.
The newest version of Acer’s Aspire R13, a convertible laptop that can be used as a tablet, is a sleek looking thing. A versatile unit with ample power to perform most everyday tasks with ease. It’s an interesting prospect for someone looking for a 2...
Android tablets are flying thick and fast as the platform continues to evolve, but most of them look similar. Sony has attempted to distinguish itself with the S2: a clamshell Android tablet with dual-screens.
It has taken a little longer than expected, but Sony has finally joined the rest of the tech world in unveiling an Android tablet. The Sony Tablet S has a 9.4in touchscreen display and runs the Google Android 3.1 Honeycomb platform that is specifical...
The Sony Mini MUTEKI iPod Dock Hi-Fi System is a mini hi-fi that looks just like the boombox you owned a couple of decades ago -- it seems like Sony has simply re-released a classic design with a few updates. The Sony Mini MUTEKI iPod Dock Hi-Fi Syst...
With the digital radio market slowly expanding in Australia, the cost of digital radios has come down significantly. The Sony XDR-S16DBP DAB+ digital radio is no exception, with a very reasonable price tag of $199. The Sony XDR-S16DBP offers excellen...
The Samsung N150 is a 10in netbook with a thin profile and it weighs only 1.25kg. It runs Windows 7 Starter and is perfect for Web browsing, word processing and even for watching standard definition videos. However, it’s a netbook that also provides ...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL-40EX700 is a 40in LED television. Despite not being a premium model, it has Sony's BRAVIA Internet Video video-on-demand service, with access to Yahoo!7 television content, YouTube and ABC iView. Because it is an LED TV it has a s...
The Sony HDR-XR150 is an entry-level Full HD camcorder equipped with a 120GB hard drive and 25x optical zoom lens. Like other models in the Sony handycam range, it comes with an exhaustive array of consumer-friendly features and gimmicks, including S...
Dell's Vostro 3700 is a 17.3in business notebook that's aimed at small business users who are looking for a large, affordable desktop replacement. It packs plenty of performance into its sturdy chassis for everyday office and online communications ta...
Sony's recently announced Bravia HX900 series of LCD televisions offers LED backlighting, Internet content streaming and 3D compatibility. This mid-range series of LED TVs is available in 46in (KDL46HX900) and 52in (KDL52HX900) sizes, and offers plen...
It may look big and bulky, but Samsung's R580 is a 16in notebook that's surprisingly light. It weighs only 2.5kg and it feels very well built; it also looks stunning in its gradated, burgundy colour. While it's best suited as a desktop replacement, y...
Acer's Aspire M5811 is a good-looking little tower PC that's perfect for home users and students. It's reasonably small, has lots of easy-to-reach ports, and, best of all, it's very quick. It's based on Intel's Core i5-650 CPU and it has 4GB of DDR3 ...
Samsung's first Bada phone has some impressive hardware, but the future success of Bada phones remains unclear. Here's our hands-on review of the Samsung Wave.
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Samsung unveils Bixby voice assistant for upcoming Galaxy S8
- Sony's virtual reality suit is why people go to SXSW
- Samsung's UHD Monitor covers 99.5 per cent of Adobe colour spectrum
- HP settles cases with inkjet cartridge vendors
- Study predicts PS3 will win the console war
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- CCIT Business Analyst - UX DesignNSW
- FTFunctional Consultant - CommercialsQLD
- FTBusiness Analyst - SalesforceVIC
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)NSW
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistNSW
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTLead Change Manager- Culture & Process ChangeNSW
- FTSolution Architect (e-Health)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- FTSalesforce Senior Developer | Solution DesignerQLD
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)VIC
- FTL&D ConsultantVIC
- FTCisco Network Engineer (FIFO)WA
- CCAgile Project ManagerNSW
- FTNodeJS DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Financial MarketsVIC
- FTWeb User Interface Developer. Work Location - CanberraNSW
- FTSolution Architect - StorageVIC
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTHR Application Architect - WorkdayVIC