Disk partitioning--separating one physical hard drive into multiple independent volumes--can relieve all sorts of computer-related headaches, and thanks to the Disk Management tool included with Windows 7 and Vista, you can perform the task without e...
Back to School
I'm a big fan of Windows 7's Libraries feature, which makes it easy to find the documents, music, pictures, and videos scattered across various locations on your hard drive.
Windows 7 comes with a pretty good migration tool--certainly better than the XP or Vista versions--but it's not perfect. I won't give you step-by-step instructions (it's very intuitive and you don't need them), but I'll help you through the major dec...
We love our gadgets, but sometimes they frustrate us, especially if they're slow. There's nothing worse than PCs that have lost their pep, or slow network connections and sluggish smartphones.
One of the many benefits of working digitally is the ability to compose and composite quickly and efficiently. Photoshop and Illustrator offer tools to make this ever easier and now, and with some new additions in Adobe Creative Suite 3 or 4, it’s be...
With Windows 7, you can more easily share files and printers across a network via the new HomeGroups feature. HomeGroups lets you connect to files and printers with a group password - if all the PCs have Windows 7. But I'll show you how to get your W...
Peter's motherboard died. How can he retrieve the data on his hard drive?
Raul Maristany wants to add WiFi to an aging laptop. Is it possible? If the laptop has a PC card slot, it should be able to take a wireless PC card.
Following my advice in Dual-Boot with Windows 7, Dale Bevan set up a dual boot with Windows 7. He now wants to remove the new OS and stick with the old one. I've already explained how to remove the old version of Windows, but Dale wants to keep that ...
One of the most-talked about changes in Microsoft's Windows 7 is how it handles media files. The methods for photo and video importing, editing, and exporting have been all updated. You have new options for sharing and streaming files between compute...
Photographers love to talk about the "magic hour" in the morning and late afternoon when the sun is perfectly positioned for awe-inspiring photos. Listen to enough of that sort of talk, and you'll start to believe that early morning and dusk are the ...
With inkjet printer prices so low, and inkjet replacement cartridge prices so high, is it cheaper to replace your printer instead of buying new ink? That's the debate sparked at Digg's tech page when a user posted a photo comparing deskjet ink prices...
Printers: Can't live with them, can't nuke them. You could always toss a misbehaving inkjet or laser out the window, but where would that leave you? Truth be told, we need our printers, despite their maddening quirks. Here's a saner idea: Take a deep...
The Android mobile operating system has an impressive set of keyboard shortcuts to help you fly through your phone without digging through the menus. A couple of quick key presses are all you need for most common tasks.
Networking isn't just for business anymore--these days, home networks are the norm.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 Mazda MX-5 (2016) review: Absolute driving purity
- 3 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
- Samsung eyes new enterprise opportunities in Australia
- Kids get their own travel app
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAutomation QAVIC
- CCIBM ESB Developer (Junior to mid level role)NSW
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCContract Programmer (Crystal Reports/JAVA/SQL) 160129/P/vhs-cAsia
- FTBusiness Analyst AGILENSW
- CCSharePoint EngineerACT
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorACT
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCRecords Officer - CanberraACT
- CCObjective ECMS Technical ConsultantSA
- CCRisk AnalystVIC
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst / Scrum MasterNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst - IT SecurityNSW
- FTWeb Programmer/ DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - BaselineACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- FTSenior C# .NET Developer (Focus WCF, MVC)VIC
- CCProject ManagerSA
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCJava DeveloperVIC