There's nothing pretty about software overburdening your CPU and slowing everything down. And finding and fixing the cause isn't always an easy task. These suggestions will hopefully help.
Back to School
A few days ago, the missus shoved some sheets of paper in my face and demanded, "Why are Web pages printing big all of a sudden?"
On Tuesday, Google announced Buzz, a new social networking service integrated with Gmail. On Wednesday, you probably mashed your F5 key waiting for it to arrive in your Gmail account--and maybe you even tried to cut in line. By Thursday, you were lik...
If you've heard of Google Buzz, chances are you've also heard about some of the privacy concerns that surround it. The social media service offers some cool ways to share photos, links, status messages, and more with fellow Google Buzz users. But if ...
Mobile Internet access has been around for quite some time, but it's only recently that prices have fallen to make it affordable for almost anyone. These days, nearly every mobile phone can access the Internet, meaning you can stay connected wherever...
There are steps you should take to make a new PC as hassle-free as possible.
I love photography because it is half art, half science. The art half you can acquire through practice, experimentation, and taking inspiration from other people's work.
Already this week we've looked at reducing feed clutter from your Facebook home page and downloading entire Facebook photo albums with just one click.
The first time you use an Android phone, one thing becomes immediately clear: You're not in Cupertino anymore.
Using a mobile phone as a modem isn't a new feature — in fact, many smartphones came and went before the iPhone had this capability.
Today, let's look at a very common source of confusion for novice users: saving and retrieving file attachments.
My aunt recently told me about a problem with her new laptop: Whenever she'd step away from it for more than a few minutes, she'd close the lid. Upon returning, she'd open the lid, only to be faced with a blank screen and no response from the mouse o...
Robert wants to know if Windows 7's built-in backup program is worth using.
Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Sony shows latest high-end Walkman
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/.Net) 160523/AP/254Asia
- CCAccess Control Administration / Help desk OperatorACT
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCLinux AdministratorVIC
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCSr. Windows Server Administrator- Financial Institution BckgNSW
- CCData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTAzure ConsultantQLD
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160526/AP/506Asia
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA