There's nothing pretty about software overburdening your CPU and slowing everything down. And finding and fixing the cause isn't always an easy task. These suggestions will hopefully help.
Back to School - Tutorials
A few days ago, the missus shoved some sheets of paper in my face and demanded, "Why are Web pages printing big all of a sudden?"
On Tuesday, Google announced Buzz, a new social networking service integrated with Gmail. On Wednesday, you probably mashed your F5 key waiting for it to arrive in your Gmail account--and maybe you even tried to cut in line. By Thursday, you were lik...
If you've heard of Google Buzz, chances are you've also heard about some of the privacy concerns that surround it. The social media service offers some cool ways to share photos, links, status messages, and more with fellow Google Buzz users. But if ...
Mobile Internet access has been around for quite some time, but it's only recently that prices have fallen to make it affordable for almost anyone. These days, nearly every mobile phone can access the Internet, meaning you can stay connected wherever...
There are steps you should take to make a new PC as hassle-free as possible.
I love photography because it is half art, half science. The art half you can acquire through practice, experimentation, and taking inspiration from other people's work.
Already this week we've looked at reducing feed clutter from your Facebook home page and downloading entire Facebook photo albums with just one click.
The first time you use an Android phone, one thing becomes immediately clear: You're not in Cupertino anymore.
Using a mobile phone as a modem isn't a new feature — in fact, many smartphones came and went before the iPhone had this capability.
Today, let's look at a very common source of confusion for novice users: saving and retrieving file attachments.
My aunt recently told me about a problem with her new laptop: Whenever she'd step away from it for more than a few minutes, she'd close the lid. Upon returning, she'd open the lid, only to be faced with a blank screen and no response from the mouse o...
Robert wants to know if Windows 7's built-in backup program is worth using.
Your hard drive is full. Normally that isn't such a big deal, but what if you need to grab a coworker's files before she leaves for a vacation, or what if you want your massive overnight file download to go off without a hitch? Here are some short-te...
Last week I told you how to make a new computer hassle-free; to wit, I described how to create a system-repair disc, dump the junkware, and set up security. Now that you've got your PC just the way you want it, it's time to perform what I consider to...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- TV buying guide: What to look for when buying a TV in 2016
- Best iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus plans: Optus vs Telstra vs Vodafone vs Virgin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTAgile Tools and Methods AnalystVIC
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (Internet/ Intranet) 161025/JP/vhaAsia
- CCOracle Functional Consultant | 6mth ContractVIC
- CC.Net DeveloperWA
- CCSAP Release & Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 161031/AP/512Asia
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCSalesforce DeveloperNSW
- CCContract IT Helpdesk Support (Lotus Notes) 161007/ITHS/vmpAsia
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence - DeveloperACT
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCSAP FunctionalistACT
- CCApplications Support Technical OfficerACT
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- FTGateway ManagerACT
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerVIC
- CCContract Management SpecialistNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW