The FBI’s refusal to reveal how it accessed an iPhone 5c from the San Bernardino shooter will face scrutiny in court. USA Today’s parent company and two other news group have filed a lawsuit against the agency, demanding it turn over the details.
The FBI has issued a plea for those who have been hit by ransomware to report this to federal law enforcement so that the country can get a better sense of just how bad this problem really is.
Faster apps, a new Dock, and a bigger focus on fitness will give your first-generation Apple Watch a new feel.
The federal government has warned Australians of a new "Masque Attack" which can compromise Apple devices via malicious apps.
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 is a suite of tools that combines the anti-malware and anti-phishing features of Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS), with the PC tune-up tools of Norton Utilities.
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
Do you know how to guard against scareware? How about Trojan horse text messages? Or social network data harvesting?
Kaspersky is expanding its scope by offering Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Mac, its first security program for the Apple Mac. But how much does the Mac need anti-virus, and does it work?
Rootkits, a type of stealth technology used by malware malefactors, attempt to hide in the dark corners of an infected PC and evade detection. A new post out today from the Microsoft Malware Protection Center shines the spotlight on the evil tools.
If you're concerned about the privacy implications of reading digital books, take a look at a nice guide put up yesterday by the Electronic Frontier Foundation.
Panda Antivirus Pro 2010 ($69.95 for a one-year, three-PC licence) offers strong traditional malware detection, but is dragged down by negatives like poor behavioural scans.
Spyware Doctor with AntiVirus 2010 (SDAV) blends PC Tools' previous well-known anti-spyware tool PC Tools Spyware Doctor with the anti-virus capabilities of a PC Tools AntiVirus engine.
BitDefender Antivirus ($44.92 for a one-year, three-PC licence) holds its own at dealing with malware, but its interface isn't especially user-friendly. Overall the program earned fourth place in our roundup of stand-alone antivirus programs.
Avira's AntiVir Premium Edition lacks an advanced malware detection feature used by top programs, and it could use a smoother interface. The program earned a seventh-place ranking in our current stand-alone antivirus roundup.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Your old Apple Watch will feel brand new with watchOS 3, out now
- Australian Government issues security warning to Apple users
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTechnical Security LeadNSW
- FTSAP Team Lead - Configuration ManagementACT
- CCSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- CCSoftware TesterACT
- CCUAT TesterQLD
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)VIC
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Financial PlannerNSW
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTSolution DesignerVIC
- FTChange or Project Manager- Electrical Network EngineeringNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - InfrastructureQLD
- FTPrincipal Product Manager | Cloud | Managed ServicesNSW
- TPSharePoint ConsultantACT
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)QLD
- FTAPI Design LeadVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERVIC
- CCConsumer Social Specialist / Campaign Manager (Digital)VIC
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTService Desk Team LeaderNSW