The HP Pavilion dv2-1132AX is one of the new breed of slim laptops to hit the Australian market. It aims to be very portable, affordable and reasonably powerful -- and it hits the mark in all three areas. This 12.1in notebook costs $1299 and is perfe...
Back to School - Reviews
Take a quick glance at the just-released Norton Internet Security 2010, and you won't notice much of a difference from previous incarnations — the interface and feature set are so similar that it appears that only very minimal changes have been...
The Dell Inspiron 1545 is an affordable all-purpose notebook with a 15.6in widescreen LCD. While it's unlikely to turn heads with its pedestrian style, this Dell Inspiron laptop remains a perfectly serviceable notebook that punches well above its wei...
TP-Link's TL-WR741ND is a wireless router that supports 802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 10/100 wired networking, and it can be used distribute either an ADSL2+ or BigPond cable Internet connection. It's a small unit and it has only one antenna, but ...
iiNet's BoB -- "Broadband in a Box" -- is an ADSL2+ modem router with built-in VoIP support that combines telephony, Internet access and both wired and wireless networking in a sleek and slim package.
AVG Technology's AVG 8.5 Anti-Virus Free antivirus app has solid features and a generally polished interface, but its relatively lacklustre showing at malware detection is a disappointment.
PC Tools Threatfire 4.5 is a free behaviour-based antivirus utility that serves as a great supplement to your existing security software, offering superb behaviour-based detection.
The Canon Pixma IP4700 is Canon's latest inkjet printer that retains the glossy black casing of its predecessor, the Canon Pixma IP4600, and also features stylish gunmetal highlights.
HP's SimpleSave Portable is a 320GB external hard drive that can automatically back up data from multiple PCs with minimal input from the user. The included software is geared towards novices and is extremely easy to use, though we would have liked s...
Just as Christmas seems to come earlier every year so does the season for releasing next year's crop of AV products. So it is with Kaspersky Internet Security 2010, the latest iteration of the respected security bundle.
Plantronics' .Audio 995 is a pair of wireless headphones that connect to a Windows or Mac OS computer via USB. This headset is comfortable to wear for long periods, with a clear microphone and decent sound quality making it well suited to voice chatt...
Fuji Xerox's Phaser 3125/N isn't the prettiest of printers. Thankfully, it makes up for this with quick printing and decent quality. It is a step up from bargain bin monochrome laser printers.
Linksys’ first simultaneous dual-band 802.11n router is one of the best on the market, providing a bevy of features and blisteringly fast speeds.
A dual-band wireless router can be beneficial if you live in an environment where there is interference from many wireless networks, as this can significantly slow down fast devices over long distances. By using the 5GHz band for faster 802.11n devic...
The $149 Brother HL-2140 mono-laser printer is pitched almost to perfection
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- FTSenior Systems AdministratorWA
- CCEnterprise Solution Architect - Customer Experience PlatformsNSW
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- FTiOS Developer - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSenior IT Domain Specialist - Integration - CloudVIC
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCIT Solutions ArchitectQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- TPBI Report Developer - SSRS SSIS SSASNSW
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- FTInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- FTBusiness Solutions SpecialistNSW
- TPTechnical Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject Control AnalystSA
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Test Analyst - TAFEQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW