The HP Pavilion Slimline S5380a desktop PC is small and well-priced, though it doesn't come with a monitor. It's equipped with a mid-range Core i3 processor, which is more than enough for homework and even some light video editing, while its graphics...
Back to School - Reviews
Toshiba's Satellite M500 (PSMKCA-009007) is a 14in, fully featured notebook that's suitable for business and home users alike. It has a dual-core Core 2 Duo CPU, modern ports and slots and a surprisingly good speaker system for a notebook of its size...
Symantec Norton 360 Version 4.0 is a suite of tools that combines the anti-malware and anti-phishing features of Norton Internet Security 2010 (NIS), with the PC tune-up tools of Norton Utilities.
Dell's Inspiron Zino HD is an attractive, Windows-based nettop that's an alternative to other small form factor PCs like Apple's Mac Mini. It offers plenty of connections and has good performance for basic computing, but slow high-definition video de...
MSI's CR620 is a 16in desktop replacement notebook that costs just $1199. It comes equipped with an Intel Core i3-330M CPU, 4GB of DDR3 SDRAM and a 500GB hard drive, so it will perform just fine when running office applications and even more taxing t...
ViewSonic's ViewBook Pro one of the rare ultraportable laptops to have a built-in optical drive along with a competitive price -- it costs only $1349. A DVD burner is installed in the right side of the notebook and it's a refreshing change compared t...
The ASUS N61Ja is a 16in notebook with a fast Core i5-430M CPU and a lot of modern features. In fact, it's the first notebook we've seen to sport a USB 3.0 port. It's a hefty laptop that weighs 2.7kg and it's best suited as a desktop replacement. Wit...
It may look big and bulky, but Samsung's R580 is a 16in notebook that's surprisingly light. It weighs only 2.5kg and it feels very well built; it also looks stunning in its gradated, burgundy colour. While it's best suited as a desktop replacement, y...
Acer's Aspire M5811 is a good-looking little tower PC that's perfect for home users and students. It's reasonably small, has lots of easy-to-reach ports, and, best of all, it's very quick. It's based on Intel's Core i5-650 CPU and it has 4GB of DDR3 ...
Devoid of Epson's usual "Office" and "Photo" monikers, the Stylus TX550W is an all-purpose inkjet multifunction that can be used in the office or home. It lacks some key office functionality like automatic duplexing and an automatic document feeder, ...
The Edifier MP300 Plus is a small yet surprisingly powerful portable speaker system. It comes with two tiny satellite speakers and a 9-Watt tubular subwoofer that's just 28cm long. Despite their diminutive size, they have enough power to easily fill ...
HP's Pavilion dm3-101tu (VV707PA) is a 13.3in notebook with good speed, long battery life, a strong yet lean body, and an affordable price tag.
HP's TouchSmart 300-1060a is an all-in-one PC with a 20in touch screen and a triple-core CPU, which makes it powerful enough for entertainment as well as serious work. The touch screen is a big part of the appeal of this desktop PC, though it can be ...
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Free adds a useful extra layer of protection to your PC, at no extra cost.
If you're looking for a home PC that won't create clutter, Dell's Inspiron One 19 is a cheap all-in-one PC with decent performance. However, we wish it was equipped with better Wi-Fi.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSME Senior Financial Planner - MelbourneVIC
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystVIC
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterOther
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPHRIS Project Delivery ManagerQLD
- CCTeam Lead / Senior Software Engineer - C/C++ / Web ServicesNSW
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkACT
- CCSenior Web Content AuthorACT
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Back-end Developer/Database DesignerNSW
- FTUX/UI DesignerWA
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCProject Manager - Process Transformation / AutomationVIC
- CCJava DeveloperWA
- FTICT Business Liaison ManagerSA
- CCData Quality AnalystNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- FTServiceNow and Service Management ArchitectVIC