While the CraftBot Plus has some drawbacks and is in need of a few operational tweaks, this is among the best small desktop 3D printers around.
Samsung is chasing new areas of growth in the enterprise space as its Knox mobile security platform is being "put through its paces" by prospective customers. In Australia the South Korean company is focussing on smartphones, LED lighting, and printing.
Devoid of Epson's usual "Office" and "Photo" monikers, the Stylus TX550W is an all-purpose inkjet multifunction that can be used in the office or home. It lacks some key office functionality like automatic duplexing and an automatic document feeder, but it has low initial and ongoing costs, and plenty of connectivity. Unfortunately, it won't deliver particularly good photo prints.
Check out some of the great tech bargains we've rounded up.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Home printers are no longer ugly beige boxes that sit in the corner and jam up at the worst possible moment. These days printers can produce brilliant photos and professional-looking documents, scan and e-mail at a touch, and even back up the contents of your memory card or USB flash drive. There are plenty of printers to choose from, but not all are suitable for students. When purchasing a printer, make sure think about what you plan to use it for, the connections you will need and your budget.
We look at the best and cheapest printers for the back-to-school season
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
Christmas may be over, but that doesn't mean the savings are. With students shortly heading back to school, there are plenty of bargains to be found. We round up some of the best of the week, including dirt cheap mobile broadband, Google's first smartphone and a great ASUS notebook!
Apple Australia is helping school and uni students get back to school by offering rebates on selected Mac computers including the popular MacBook and MacBook Pro notebooks, and iMac desktops.
Bag yourself a bargain!
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
Great deals whether you're back at work or getting ready for school
Dell's Wasabi PZ310 is an extremely portable photo printer that can produce a 2x3in photo in under a minute. For $30, the printer is a reasonable impulse buy, but low print quality and a short battery life make it a poor purchase for anything more.
The Interact S605 is Lexmark’s range-topping inkjet multifunction printer for the home office. Boasting a handy SmartSolutions touch screen and automatic duplexing (double-sided printing), this printer is good for basic printing and offers one-touch access to advanced features such as business card scanning and print presets. However, even with these features its high price tag is a bit hard to accept.
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer - Fixed Term ContractQLD
- CCDesktop Engineer l WollongongNSW
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer - NetApp SpecialistNSW
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- FTJunior / Entry Level IT role - Recent IT TAFE GraduateNSW
- FTSenior Software Engineer x 2 - Adelaide Based (PV, NV2 or NV1 required)WA
- TPSenior Applications Support OfficerQLD
- TPSenior Test AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCIT Support TechnicianNSW
- FTPMO Specialist - PermanentACT
- CCOrganisational Change Analyst - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- TPWinforms DevelopersWA
- CCStorage System EngineerNSW
- CCWPF .NET EngineerNSW
- CCProject Support SpecialistVIC
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaQLD
- CCDevOps/Senior Sys Admin - eCommerce - Contract - Sydney Northern BeachesNSW
- CCProject Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior C++ .Net DeveloperWA
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- CCCyber Security Strategy AnalystACT
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT