At Interop 2016, Avi Freedman, CEO of Kentik, chats with Network World about why Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks are still popular with hackers, why they still work, and some of the signs that an attack may soon commence.
Back to School
Apple will host a press event on its California campus March 21, perhaps to unveil new iPads and possibly a long-rumored smaller 4-in. iPhone.
Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
According to Telstra, more than 1 million children will be armed with high-tech devices such as tablets, upon heading back to school this week.
For many people, smartphones have replaced portable music players as the way to listen to music on the go, but for high-end audio there's still the Walkman, and Sony will preview the latest version on Monday at CES in Las Vegas.
The federal government has warned Australians of a new "Masque Attack" which can compromise Apple devices via malicious apps.
Samsung is chasing new areas of growth in the enterprise space as its Knox mobile security platform is being "put through its paces" by prospective customers. In Australia the South Korean company is focussing on smartphones, LED lighting, and printi...
Children now have their very own travel app for iOS devices.
HTC and Qualcomm are reworking a radio chip for the HTC One smartphone in order to avoid a U.S. ban on imports of patent-infringing technology, according to a Wall Street Journal report.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Apple slates March 21 event, with 4-in. iPhone likely on the stage
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- Tablets replace books for kids back at school
- Dell agrees to acquire EMC for US$67 billion
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Portfolio Analyst - Risk and MetricsNSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCMobility SpcialistACT
- CCTechnology Lead / Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- CCTechnical Specialist - IP Network Design - Juniper MXNSW
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- CCTechnology Lead/ Senior Developer - Java (Urgent)NSW
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/Oracle/Web) 160603/SA/871Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCProject SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Oracle Systems SpecialistNSW
- CCSoftware DevelopersACT
- CCJunior / Mid Level Java Developer - Developing Restful Microservice SolutionsVIC
- CCApplication System EngineerACT
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia