People looking to control their HomeKit-compatible devices when they're away from home will need an Apple TV to complete those tasks, Apple revealed in a support page for its smart home platform.
Sony is trying to get runners to ditch their smartphones and fitness bands with a motivational headset device it calls the Smart B-Trainer.
It's that time of year again when most of us fret over what to buy for our loved ones. Fear not, though, for our Christmas Gift Guide can set you in the right direction, no matter what your budget.
"My time has passed. Ain't nothin' for it."
Given its audio cassette player heritage, Sony’s new all-digital NWZ-ZX1 shouldn't surprise onlookers with its somewhat chunky and asymmetric design. In the 35 years of Walkman history (first debuting in 1979 with the TPS-L2), the device has gone through various incarnations and evolutionary branches including CDs, MiniDiscs, MP3s and more recently sharing its DNA with Sony-Ericsson and Sony Xperia smartphones.
Apple has slashed the prices of its premium iPod Touch by up to 25 per cent and updated the feature set of its introductory 16GB model.
Sony unveiled its new high-resolution audio player, the NWZ-ZX1. The Walkman-branded player was showcased by Sony's chief sound engineer Kaji Nageno at a launch event held at Sydney’s Ivy.
The ever-evolving iPod nano is in its seventh regeneration now, with an announcement alongside the iPhone 5 and iPod touch that promised a redesign around a new 2.5-inch widescreen display, Bluetooth, a pedometer and Lightning.
The Apple iPod touch received an update at the same time as the new iPhone 5, incorporating new hardware and features from the new phone as well as the older iPhone 4S.
It's not as popular as the iPhone 5, and it's not as exciting as the iPod touch, but the new Apple iPod nano deserves its time in the sun: it's the thinnest iPod ever, and has the largest display ever used in this particular pint-sized media player.
It may not have received the fanfare of the shiny iPhone 5, but the refreshed iPod touch is just as new.
Apple unveiled its new iPhone 5 overnight at the Yerbua Buena Center for the Arts. In simple terms, the device is faster, thinner, and bigger than the previous devices. Yes, the device will work with 4G in Australia. Apple also revealed its new range of iPod products, and its new earphone concept.
iPhones and iPads may get the attention these days, but Apple isn't ready to abandon its iconic music players just yet. The company announced two new iPods at its media event - updated versions of the iPod touch and the iPod nano.
Logitech's UE Air Speaker uses Apple's wireless AirPlay technology to play streamed music from a compatible iOS device. The UE Air is a large, but good looking speaker system that's ridiculously easy to set up and use, but its sound quality is a little disappointing considering its price tag.
These are the top rated MP3 players we've reviewed in the last year.
These are the top rated MP3 players we've reviewed in the last year.
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Huawei Mate 9
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Acer Swift 7
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple TV will serve as hub for remotely controlling HomeKit devices
- Sony Smart B-Trainer headset gives runners vocal advice
- The iPod classic plays its last
- Apple iPod Touch pricing slashed by up to 25 per cent in Australia
- Apple shows off iPod touch, nano updates
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTDatabase DeveloperNSW
- FTJava Developer/IntegratorACT
- FTInfrastructure Solution ArchitectSA
- TPBusiness Process Analyst (Newcaslte Based)NSW
- TPOrganisational Change Manager - ICT Services TransformationQLD
- CCSenior Networks Specialist - DNS PlatformVIC
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPLinux Desktop Support SpecialistWA
- CCSenior Storage System Engineer -NetApp & TSMNSW
- CCSenior System AdministratorVIC
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCSAP Billing & Invoicing ConsultantNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- TPSolution Architect - Transport DomainVIC
- FTMicrosoft ProgrammerSA
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC
- FTFinancial ERP Customer SME / Solution Consultant / System AccountantNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCApplication Packaging CoordinatorVIC
- TPSCCM SpecialistVIC
- CCIT Infrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTC# (Full Stack) DeveloperNSW
- TPService Desk ManagerVIC