Heading back to school or university? Pick up a good LCD monitor to work with!
A rechargeable tote back, a smartphone bracelet, snow goggles with an integrated digital camera to record your triumphs and tragedies, and more
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
A robotic forklift picks up a sheet of glass thinner than a credit card and as big as two table-tennis tables, and effortlessly swings it 90 degrees before gently placing it into an oven where it will bake at 200 degrees Celsius. It's a graceful and finely engineered process and one of several that takes place minute after minute, hour after hour, day after day in Sharp's LCD factory in Sakai, western Japan.
Samsung has brought the style of its previous LCD television range to its latest LCD monitors. Though lacking the LED backlighting technology seen in many of the latest televisions and bereft of an HDMI port, the 21.5in SyncMaster P2250 LCD monitor provides good all-round image quality.
The Dell UltraSharp U2410 is a 24in LCD monitor with an accurate, sharp panel and a wide range of calibration options. It's a good value option for image-intensive work like graphics editing and photography that relies on accurate colours. It has a low price compared to its competition.
A full HD LCD monitor boasting solid, all-round performance, ViewSonic's VG2427wm may not look the part, but it provides good image quality. Unfortunately, the decision to not include an HDMI connection may be a deal breaker for potential customers.
AOC's Angelo 2434pw is a 23.6in Full HD LCD monitor with an HDMI input and a distinctive design. It includes an aluminium stand and support pole that enables the screen to be swivelled and tilted, and it provides decent image quality for its asking price.
Screen real estate just might be the one aspect of using a computer that has the greatest impact on productivity. While the penny pinchers at your company might initially scoff at spending the extra funds on what might be perceived as a luxury, all you have to do is plunk a second LCD panel on your CFO's desk and they will quickly see the value. In this article, I'll share with you a few tools that I've employed to help manage my multi-monitor experiences.
HP's 2309m 23in LCD monitor has a Full HD resolution, an HDMI connection and built-in speakers, making it ideal for use as a gaming display. Although this monitor offers good clarity and colours, excessive glare from the glossy screen and bezel detracts from the overall user experience.
Everything is about lifestyle, thin and healthy. Even beyond a bloated self-esteem, the image how people will perceive you based on the tech you wear, does have the potential add a few inches to your height.
Everyone needs a good monitor to get the most out of a PC. But which monitor you need depends on several factors--what applications you use, how much room you have on your desk, how much space you need on a virtual desktop, and of course how much you want to spend. From standard-issue 19-inchers to 30-inch monsters, here's how to sort out what you need.
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
Not long ago I was in a hotel room, juggling four applications on my teeny, tiny notebook screen. I didn't realize till then how dependent I've become on my dual ViewSonic monitor setup at home.
Everyone needs a good monitor to get the most out of a PC. But which monitor you need depends on several factors - what applications you use, how much room you have on your desk, how much screen space you need to comfortably view your programs, and of course how much you want to spend. From standard issue 19in to 27in monsters, here's how to sort out what you need.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 3 Tech21 Evo Xplorer iPhone case review
- 4 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Dell's monstrous 70-inch touchscreen monitor takes aim at Microsoft's Surface Hub
- Dell's 4-screen multimonitor setup looks like one enormous 43-inch display
- Foxconn to pay over $US6bn for a majority stake in Sharp
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Kogan forced to pay $32,400 penalty by ACCC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- FTApplications Support / Systems Administrator | DefenceACT
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTTandem/NonStop Technical ConsultantWA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCSAP ArchitectSA
- FTIT ManagerAsia
- CCCompliance Officer - ProcurementVIC
- CCPMO Project AdministratorNSW
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- CCAsset Transfer Specialist | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCNetwork Implementation EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - Expense Management SystemVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/P/601Asia