Sydney-based consumer electronics company, Convoy International is conducting a major restructure of its business lines.
Sennheiser's Momentum Wireless headphones deliver top notch sound and reasonable noise cancellation, although you'll pay a serious price for the privilege.
Claiming to deliver "incredibly accurate" music reproduction, Monster Cable's Beats by Dr Dre Tour are in-ear headphones with a striking design. The Beats by Dr Dre Tour headphones offer decent sound quality, but there are better in-ear phones available for similar prices.
Some of the best headphones if you're heading back to school or uni
Whether you're buying headphones for yourself or for a child, it's important to consider the design — but that shouldn't be the only consideration.
The Phitek BlackBox M14 closed headphones deliver active noise cancellation powered by a single AAA battery. They are well constructed and reasonably comfortable for long-term listening sessions, and their sound is versatile enough for a range of musical styles. Audio can feel closed-in at times due to the design, but if you can live with this then you'll be pleased with these headphones.
The Heartbeats by Lady Gaga in-ear headphones are ultra-trendy — they're designed for the fashion tragic who can't bear wearing anything not studded with diamantes and pearls. Their design is the only thing setting them apart from the wide range of other in-ear headphones available; sound quality is merely average and comfort levels are not particularly high. If you need adjustability for your canalphones, you'll need to look somewhere else.
Sennheiser’s HD 428 budget PC/gaming headphones are equally suited to music listening, playing games and watching movies. As a jack of all trades, the HD 428 is a master of none. The overall mediocre sound quality is par for the course with budget headphones, but they look good and are comfortable to wear for a few hours at a time.
It's been a good year for headphones, with a huge range of innovations and interesting technologies released to the market. We've picked our favourite five pairs of the year.
Sennheiser's HD 238 Precision headphones are made with good quality components and are comfortable to wear in almost all conditions. The headphones have detailed sound reproduction but we found they seemed flatter than other models, requiring some equaliser adjustment for rich audio.
The holiday season is upon us, and now more than ever that means shopping on the Internet.
Sony's MDR-NC300D in-ear headphones are far bulkier than a normal pair of canal-phones thanks to active noise-cancellation circuitry and a power/control pack. Normal noise-cancelling headphones only offer acoustic (passive) noise cancellation, but the Sony MDR-NC300D's powered noise cancellation actively eliminates outside noise with inverse audio signals. This offers an eerily quiet listening stage.
Sennheiser's HD 438 headphones are designed for listening to music and PC gaming. They're reasonably priced and sturdily built. Though they don't offer spectacular sound quality, non-audiophiles should be relatively pleased.
The Sennheiser PXC 210 BT is a set of Bluetooth wireless headphones with integrated playback and volume buttons.
The Sennheiser MM 100 headset is light, comfortable and wireless, making it a good choice for people who are constantly on the move.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- First look: Nuheara IQbuds smart Bluetooth ear buds do more than just music
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Beats Solo2 headphones go wireless for $399
- Parrot's Zik 2.0 headphones include an accelerometer and plenty of noise cancelling
- Kogan opens online shop in New Zealand
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject Manager PMP RMP certified - NV1ACT
- CCTechnical WriterNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCProject Coordinator- PRINCE2 & Portal/Website/Digital bckgNSW
- CCLMS Administrator and e- Learning Development Project OfficerSA
- CCSnr Technology Analyst Disaster RecoveryVIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer - Technical LeadACT
- CCNetwork Engineer | DC Relocation |VoIP Refresh | CCNA | CCNPNSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCCloud Service Solution LeadVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - NV2ACT
- FTPeopleSoft Finance Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTSoftware DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT