Looking for a photo editor? The usual choices include Adobe Photoshop Elements (available online for about $US85 and up), which I use to demonstrate techniques here in Digital Focus, and Corel Paint Shop Pro (available for about $US70 and up). There ...
Back to School - Features
Learning from the pros is always a great way to improve your skills. That's why we read books and watch videos. It's always instructive to see how the masters work and try to emulate them. But there's a lot we can learn from the exact opposite —...
The equipment and settings you need to capture nature's own light show.
Everything is about lifestyle, thin and healthy. Even beyond a bloated self-esteem, the image how people will perceive you based on the tech you wear, does have the potential add a few inches to your height.
New Sennheiser HD 218, HD 228 and HD 238 headphones offer good sound for relatively low prices.
Everyone needs a good monitor to get the most out of a PC. But which monitor you need depends on several factors--what applications you use, how much room you have on your desk, how much space you need on a virtual desktop, and of course how much you...
Portable hard drives, in all their pocket-size splendor, now pack in plenty of storage space. Capacities up to 500GB (plus a 1TB network-attached option) and a veritable candy store of colors make choosing a portable hard drive fun.
We look at some of the most interesting headphone designs to hit the market
Make Internet Explorer and Firefox more useful with List.it, IE7Pro, VideoDownload Helper, Zigtag, and other add-ons and services.
Having several computers in your home or office doesn't mean you have to buy several printers, too. If your PCs are connected via a network, you can easily share them.
HDMI is an increasingly common connection on monitors. On some monitors it has even replaced DVI. The benefits of having a HDMI port are obvious. It is the clear connection of choice over DVI and D-Sub on newer notebooks due to its size.
Social networks are fun to use, helpful for job hunting, and great for keeping in touch with friends, business contacts, and relatives. The downside: The bad guys know you're using these networks like crazy, and they're gunning for you.
Your PC's operating system is under constant threat of invasion, whether the attacker's aim is to spread malicious malware or to convince you to buy protective software that is really just a rip-off. Here's how to stand guard.
Not long ago I was in a hotel room, juggling four applications on my teeny, tiny notebook screen. I didn't realize till then how dependent I've become on my dual ViewSonic monitor setup at home.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)ACT
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- CCProgram Manager BankingNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCData Surveyor, Data Analyst, Electrical backgroundACT
- CCDigital Content StrategistVIC
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- FTTechnical Writer - HealthcareVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCMiddleware SpecialistACT
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- CCPlatform Services EngineerNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA
- FTPMO Coordinator - Permanent Opportunity!NSW
- CCSoftware Engineer - Submarine simulation and testing - MELBOURNEACT
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCNetwork Security EngineerNSW
- FTMarketing and Customer AnalyticsSA