For browser fans, this is the best of times.
Back to School - Features
The scoop: FreeAgent DockStar, by Seagate, about $US100
Internet Explorer 8, the latest update to Microsoft's venerable Web browser, introduces several features intended to provide greater security and ease of use.
The Worldskills Australia regional competition in PC and Network Support took place at the Mount Druitt College, TAFE NSW Western Sydney Institute, last week.
If you want to keep up with your friends, support political campaigns, gossip about your favorite celebrities or find out about new technologies, your best bet in today's digital culture is Twitter. Twitter has also become a necessary part of every b...
If you aren't lucky enough to have a real Polaroid camera and a stockpile of film, just upload your photos to Rollip.com
We've already shown how printers can steal your money and rob you blind, and there's no bigger culprit than consumables. Over time, inks and toners can easily multiply the original cost of your printer or multifunction. Here are some tips to lengthen...
Screen real estate just might be the one aspect of using a computer that has the greatest impact on productivity. While the penny pinchers at your company might initially scoff at spending the extra funds on what might be perceived as a luxury, all y...
We are just over a month away from the launch of Microsoft's contender to the iPod Touch, the Zune HD. Microsoft has put all its creative forces behind the upcoming Zune HD portable media player, and by the looks of it, the iPod Touch is up for some ...
Who knew there were so many iPhone annoyances? Last week we listed ten common failings of the iPhone and discussed how to correct them. Maybe it was naïve to restrict the list to ten entries. Reader feedback suggests that iPhone users have no shortag...
No so long ago, the computer geek was confined to the back rooms and basements of companies everywhere.
Don't let that blank, boxy look fool you: Printers can steal your money and your time if you're not careful. Printer manufacturers have come up with a few creative ways to drain your wallet through ink and toner cartridge costs. Other printer models ...
Naked ADSL (or Naked DSL) is a term that refers to an ADSL service that can be installed on a phone line that doesn't have an active phone number attached to it. It's a service that's particularly worthwhile for anyone who does not use their landline...
With video, image and data files becoming larger thanks to better quality media, the importance of making sure you have adequate storage is only going to increase this year and beyond. Portable devices such as digital cameras, mobile phones and porta...
If you've got a filing cabinet - or desk - overflowing with documents, or if you want more thoughtful file management in general, a scanner can save you space, time, and ultimately money.
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® Portable SSD
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Google Daydream VR headset
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Surface Pro 4
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Settings in iOS 10: Every notable change you need to know
- FBI faces lawsuit because it's stayed mum on iPhone 5c hack
- Early iPhone 7 reviews: You'll miss the headphone jack, but the camera and battery life are tops
- Toshiba's new SSD line features rock-bottom pricing
- Watch out: iOS 10 install is reportedly bricking some iPhones
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCNetwork and Cloud SMENSW
- TPProject Support Officer - Data and Information ManagementVIC
- FTDevelopment Team LeadQLD
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- TPAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCDeployment GraduatesSA
- CCPerformance AnalystQLD
- FTNetwork Services ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Development Manager - CloudACT
- FTProcurement Project ManagerACT
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent jobACT
- FTImplementation LeadVIC
- CCIT Project Scheduler- Port MacquarieNSW
- FTSenior Microsoft EngineerVIC
- TPSalesforce Functional AnalystNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTSolutions Architect - Digital Technologies Financial ServicesQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistSA
- TPBI & Report Developer (SQL Developer)QLD
- FTSeeking all Java Developers!NSW
- FTWeb Support LeadQLD
- FTResponsive Design Developer, Frontend, PHP, WordpressNSW