Let the games begin: We tested the Samsung Galaxy S7 against Apple's iPhone 6S to see which flagship device is the best overall smartphone camera.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Introducing Roving Rachel our new techie travel writer. A candidate for having the best job in the world, she reports on some of the best adventure destinations on the planet, the best festivals and the best ways to get there – all while discussing the technology, apps and services she uses and encounters along the way.
Tech giant showcases TVs, devices, wearables and a raft of new home gadgets at CES 2016 in Las Vegas.
Top trends from the show floor at the Consumer Electronics Show 2016 in Las Vegas, according to analyst Ovum.
Ricoh Theta S review
Sony's a7S II compact system camera is targeted at users that want to capture detailed stills in both bright light and near complete darkness, and videographers looking to record in 4K in Sony’s XAVC S format, which uses the highest level of the MPEG-4 standard. Sony is also trumpeting the α7S II’s Full HD filming performance for its full pixel readout sans pixel binning.
Canon developed an experimental CMOS sensor with 250 megapixels that could be used in some enterprise applications such as surveillance.
The U.S. government has approved construction of a powerful digital camera that will help scientists better understand dark matter and study how galaxies formed.
GoPro's latest camera is its most inspired yet. It is called the Hero4 Session, and because it is 50 per cent smaller and 40 per cent lighter, it can fit into places other GoPros previously found inaccessible.
There is a wide body, extra controls, and a hinged viewfinder that can be directed upwards. All of these features immediately point to the fact that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 is for experienced hands, rather than users only now getting their feet wet in photography. It's a 20-megapixel camera that commands the user's attention, and even though it still has scene modes and an intelligent auto function that can do all the work for you, if you make extensive use of those features, then you're better off with a simpler, much less expensive camera.
When hopping from a compact camera (or a phone) to a more serious kit for your photography, your best choices are a small, mirrorless camera, or an entry-level digital SLR. Both of these types of cameras give you scope to use different lenses and manual settings, allowing you to more easily learn the ropes when it comes to controlling the way your photos look, giving you creative freedom. For Canon, its EOS 760D digital DLR represents such an entry level camera, and a little more.
Weight is down 40 per cent and the size is down by 50 per cent when it is compared to the flagship Hero4 Black. There's no need for cumbersome housing either because the Session’s body is waterproof to 10 metres.
Nikon has a nifty camera to offer you if you want something small, yet flexible as far as lens selection and manual controls are concerned. It’s called the Nikon 1 J5, and it’s part of the mirrorless camera surge that’s occurred over the last few years. It isn’t Nikon’s first mirrorless camera (the name J5 is a hint), but it is perhaps its most alluring.
Here are some of the best current cameras on the market
Compact cameras and interchangeable lens cameras dominate our charts
Our top rated cameras for February 2012
Perfect for beginners, enthusiasts and even pros!
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
- Canon goes big on resolution with 250-megapixel sensor
- Hey, Saturn, take a selfie! World's biggest digital camera will photograph the universe
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTInfrastructure Specialist - Sec Ops Network & OSAsia
- CCOracle Fusion SOA/BPEL DeveloperVIC
- CCSr Service ManagementACT
- CCTechnical Service LeadNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- FTTechnical Team Lead - .Net / SharePointACT
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital Content ProducerVIC
- CCSenior IT Security Specialist-SANS, ISC2, ISACA, ITILNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCTransition Manager / Project ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Clearances Vetting Services OfficerACT
- CCSenior Service Desk ManagerNSW
- CCSAP Hanna ConsultantNSW
- CCDeemed Order Business SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Integration Solution ManagementVIC
- FTScrum MasterVIC
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW