For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
Re looks nothing like a conventional compact camera. There’s no display and it has barely any buttons. The body is cylindrical and its only popping design trait is a large, peering lens. Frankly, it looks like a submarine’s periscope.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
The Canon EOS 550D is a brand new entry-level digital SLR camera that slots in just above the EOS 500D and just below the EOS 50D in Canon's range.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Panasonic recently unveiled its new range of Lumix digital cameras — its biggest range of models to date. The company showcased 13 new models including two new TZ 'travel series' point-and-shoot cameras. We took the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 for a hands-on spin around the streets of Melbourne.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
The Nikon CoolPix S570 is a 12.1-megapixel, point-and-shoot digital camera with some nifty features. It's ideal for people who wouldn't be comfortable with a more complex model, and for $249 you get a camera that's also stylish.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
The Olympus Mju Tough 6010 is a 12-megapixel compact digital camera with a 3.6x zoom lens. It's a ruggedised camera that can survive a 1.5m drop, a stint in -10 degrees Celsius, or a dunk in water up to three metres deep — perfect for travellers, fans of extreme sports or anyone with butterfingers. It maintains the good build quality and all-weather performance of earlier Olympus Tough models, with image quality that is acceptable but unspectacular apart from good low-light performance.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 or 2 megapixels of information anyway. So unless you're making poster-sized prints or doing a lot of deep zooming and cropping, who cares how many pixels there are?
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS42 is an entry-level compact digital camera aimed at casual photographers and shoppers on a budget.
The 24X optical-zoom Pentax X70 is one of the lightest, smallest megazoom cameras on the market, but it maintains "bigness" where it should: in the lens.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- FTField EngineerVIC
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTNetwork Engineer / Systems Engineer (January 2017 Start)QLD
- CCVideo Conferencing - PABX , Cisco, Polycom and Nortel/AvaNSW
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTSecurity Operations EngineerNSW
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementVIC
- CCIngres DeveloperSA
- TPBusiness Objects DeveloperNSW
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCOBIEE/ Oracle BI Analyst- Informatica & DACNSW
- CCSenior Technical Business AnalystACT
- TPSenior Business Analyst - HRISQLD
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- FTBusiness Analyst, Board Reporting, WealthNSW
- CCCloud Automation EngineerACT
- FTSenior Financial Planner - GeelongVIC
- FTHadoop DeveloperSA
- FTProgram ManagerQLD
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- CCMid-level .NET or Java Developer/Programmer - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW