For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
Re looks nothing like a conventional compact camera. There’s no display and it has barely any buttons. The body is cylindrical and its only popping design trait is a large, peering lens. Frankly, it looks like a submarine’s periscope.
No-cost utilities and services can help you find, organize, and wrangle your media files--or enjoy some great video online.
Best deals of the week: 26 February
The Canon EOS 550D is a brand new entry-level digital SLR camera that slots in just above the EOS 500D and just below the EOS 50D in Canon's range.
Pick up some good gadgets with great prices!
Panasonic recently unveiled its new range of Lumix digital cameras — its biggest range of models to date. The company showcased 13 new models including two new TZ 'travel series' point-and-shoot cameras. We took the new Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ10 for a hands-on spin around the streets of Melbourne.
Grab cheap printers, TVs and a free game on the way back to school
The Nikon CoolPix S570 is a 12.1-megapixel, point-and-shoot digital camera with some nifty features. It's ideal for people who wouldn't be comfortable with a more complex model, and for $249 you get a camera that's also stylish.
We braved bedbugs, bad PR people, long taxi lines, and greasy convention-center food, all to find the hottest new gadgets and gear.
The Olympus Mju Tough 6010 is a 12-megapixel compact digital camera with a 3.6x zoom lens. It's a ruggedised camera that can survive a 1.5m drop, a stint in -10 degrees Celsius, or a dunk in water up to three metres deep — perfect for travellers, fans of extreme sports or anyone with butterfingers. It maintains the good build quality and all-weather performance of earlier Olympus Tough models, with image quality that is acceptable but unspectacular apart from good low-light performance.
It's no secret that the right frame, finished in the perfect color and style, can improve almost any photo.
In a lot of ways, megapixels aren't that important. You'll never be able to detect the difference between an 8-megapixel and a 12-megapixel photo when looking at the picture on a computer screen, for example, because your monitor only shows about 1 or 2 megapixels of information anyway. So unless you're making poster-sized prints or doing a lot of deep zooming and cropping, who cares how many pixels there are?
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-FS42 is an entry-level compact digital camera aimed at casual photographers and shoppers on a budget.
The 24X optical-zoom Pentax X70 is one of the lightest, smallest megazoom cameras on the market, but it maintains "bigness" where it should: in the lens.
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Google Daydream VR headset
Lexar® Portable SSD
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Surface Pro 4
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
HP Pavilion x360 13”
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 2 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
- 3 Panasonic Blu-ray recorder PVR set-top box review
- 4 Garmin Fenix Chronos fitness tracker smartwatch review
- 5 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCLevel 1 IT Support OfficerACT
- CCOracle WebLogic AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation Developer - LinuxNSW
- CCLead SAP SRM DeveloperACT
- FTJunior Software Engineer - Positive Vetting, NV2 or NV1 requiredSA
- FTDatabase DeveloperQLD
- TP.NET DeveloperWA
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTProject AnalystACT
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Performance TesterQLD
- CC.net Developer (Front and Back end)QLD
- FTLevel 3 Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - ForecastingNSW
- FTDeveloper - XML & JavaVIC
- CCApplication Support Specialist- Bathurst or Port MacquarieNSW
- TPBusiness Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTAssociate Consultant - IT Project ServicesVIC
- CCOrganisational Change Manager - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- CCChange and Communications ManagerQLD