While Japan is certainly no cheap place to buy electronics there are a couple of reasons why you might want to consider purchasing photography equipment while visiting Tokyo, not least of which is the sheer organisation of the second hand market alongside tax free shopping for visitors.
Google Photos and Drive complement each other in some ways and offer stark differences in others.
From India to Hungary to the United States in wildlife preserves and at the beach, photographers have always been going everywhere. However, drones have added an exciting new possibility to photography, and if the shots captured in the last few years are any indication, we’re going to see some increasingly incredible things.
Selling a new phone by focusing on the camera is not a new thing and we’ve been impressed in the past: Nokia’s Lumia’s did some great things (which masked Windows Phone’s deficiencies) while Apple’s 6S Plus also did some great things with Dynamic Range and low light. But it’s the P9 that has stopped people in their tracks. You don’t have to be a photography connoisseur to recognise that what the P9 achieves (effortlessly) is a new level of quality.
We took four phones with the best cameras available into the studio to figure out which one delivers the best image quality.
Just for fun, we pushed Portrait mode to the limit and compared the results to a DSLR. The results made our photographer jealous.
Using the 2x setting in iPhone 7 Plus's Camera app doesn't always mean the telephoto lens will take the photo. If you're too close your subject, or there isn't enough light, the app will use the "regular" wide-angle lens and digitally zoom the photo instead.
SanDisk demos a 1TB SDXC card with twice the capacity of the previous model.
Developers behind several popular, well-reviewed iOS camera apps eagerly incorporate short-term photo enhancements and anticipate more to come.
For $250 you should just buy a vastly superior point-and-shoot camera.
If you’ve ever taken extended video with your phone, you know that the results can get shaky and annoying – especially when walking around. Feiyu’s G4 Plus mount for smartphone gets rid of all such vibration by using three gyroscopes and motion sensors to smooth all small or sudden movements out. And it works really well.
Let the games begin: We tested the Samsung Galaxy S7 against Apple's iPhone 6S to see which flagship device is the best overall smartphone camera.
The update also makes several interface improvements, though it's only for Nexus devices.
Rachel likes travelling to obscure places and party places alike. She needs her tech to get about and communicate whether its exploring caves, diving with Whale Sharks, rallying across Eastern Europe, partying at South American carnivals, eating insects in Asia, cavorting in fountains in Europe or relaxing in hot mud in South America.
Here are some of the best current cameras on the market
Compact cameras and interchangeable lens cameras dominate our charts
Our top rated cameras for February 2012
Perfect for beginners, enthusiasts and even pros!
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® Portable SSD
Google Daydream VR headset
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Huawei Mate 9
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Acer Swift 7
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Surface Pro 4
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Boom: SanDisk just dropped the world's largest SD card
- Camera app makers tap into RAW power with iOS, and look forward to dual lenses
- Google Camera 3.2 lets you snap pictures while recording video
- CES 2016: Top 10 trends
- Sony α7S II aimed film-makers and low light photographers
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCTest AnalystWA
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- CCDigital - Full Stack developer contract role - CollingwoodVIC
- FTSenior Information Security ConsultantQLD
- CCApplication Solution Designer (Automation) - Finance - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXQLD
- TPLead Change Manager - ERPVIC
- CCTechnical Support AnalystACT
- FTHead of ApplicationsVIC
- TPEnvironment Specialist(DevOps)QLD
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net Developer with Strong SQL DevNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Manufacturing and Trade & Logistics Modules)QLD
- TPTechnical ConsultantNSW
- TPOracle Consultant - CC&BQLD
- FTTechnical Consultant MS Dynamics AXACT
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- FTSecurity Incident / SOC Analyst (Tier 1) - Permanent - North Ryde BasedNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- CCData Engineer (SQL/Big Data/Scala)VIC
- FTApplications DeveloperACT
- FTIT Project Coordinator - Mascot/AlexandriaNSW
- FTDigital Strategist - Global Consulting FirmACT
- FTAndroid DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Software EngineerVIC
- FTProject ManagerNSW