An ambitious, billion dollar partnership is underway between TPG and Vodafone, where Vodafone’s network will migrate TPG’s subscriber base in exchange for optical fibre infrastructure to be serviced by TPG.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Competition from broadband newcomer Foxtel has prompted Optus to discount its unlimited Internet bundles.
Up to five smartphone plans can pool together data allowances under Optus’ new Family Sharing offering.
The nation’s largest independent ISP, iiNet, has been forced to pay $204,000 to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission for its advertising of its naked broadband plans.
Our Back to Business guide features a selection of products from our sponsors and editors, and gives you some useful pointers on the gear that can help you be more productive. It includes essentials for the office, stuff for executives, mobile gear to help you stay connected wherever you are, and even budget tech for those who need good gear but don't want to spend too much.
How do Globalgig’s mobile broadband plans compare against Optus, Telstra, and Vodafone roaming plans?
Mobile data provider, Globalgig, now has high-speed, 4G plans available for use in Australia and the UK, and has expanded its regular 3G coverage to more places around the globe (up to 84 countries). It’s a service that’s useful if you’re a traveller who wants a no-fuss mobile data plan that can be used seamlessly, without having to look for plans and change SIMs when you land in a different country.
BitTorrent Inc. is taking on Amazon and Netflix in 2015 with its own original television content platform, dubbed BitTorrent Originals. The first programming to roll out under BitTorrent's banner will be Children of the Machine (COTM), a Sci-Fi television series first announced in July.
Vodafone’s latest 4G modem proves an ideal investment for those who can’t get a fixed line service. The Wi-Fi Cube 4G is manufactured by Huawei, a Chinese company whose core competency is the building of networks, and that includes Vodafone’s own.
Optus will fend off Foxtel’s triple threat play by discounting its unlimited Internet packages by $25 a month.
An estimated 400,000 homes will have access to high speed Internet following the construction of ten satellite ground stations by NBN Co.
Globalgig’s mobile broadband SIM cards are great if you want to add Internet access to a mobile broadband-enabled tablet, or if you are planning on going travelling overseas. Indeed, you can use Globalgig’s SIM cards for data access in many countries without having to deal with sky-high prices per megabyte, but the company offers its best rates for the USA, UK, and Ireland.
Civil society groups, members of the European Parliament, and the European Commission's vice president responsible for the digital single market have all called on European member states to stick with strict net neutrality rules.
In the opening keynote at the Intel Developer Forum today, Intel showed off wearable tech, Internet of Things boards, wireless charging, and it introduced the 2015 version of the Core processor, codenamed Skylake.
Get online anywhere with a fast mobile broadband USB stick
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Huawei Mate 9
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Google Daydream VR headset
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Why TPG left Optus for Vodafone
- Sky Muster takes the nbn into space (+27 photos)
- Foxtel more than doubles broadband data allowances
- Optus discounts unlimited Internet bundles, available from $95 a month
- Families can pool data with Optus' aggressively priced smartphone plans
PCW Evaluation Team
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
- Horizon Zero Dawn review
- How to quit Pokemon Go (or to start enjoying it again)
- Japan's pop culture, anime-friendly, J-Pop shrine, Kanda Myojin
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- TPChange AnalystQLD
- FTProject Manager (Software product development)VIC
- TPSQL DeveloperQLD
- TPInsights ManagerWA
- CCSenior Infrastructure EngineerNSW
- CCData Migration Consultant - LeadNSW
- TPAgile Project Manager. Sharepoint / PeoplesoftNSW
- TPProject ManagerOther
- TPIT Project ManagerNSW
- FTDevops EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- TPDigital Strategist - Newcastle BasedNSW
- CCMDM Consultant/DesignerVIC
- FTData Conversion LeadNSW
- FTDeveloper/ ProgrammerSA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | Enterprise Information SharingQLD
- CCIT Procurement OfficerNSW
- CCTechnical Consultant - ITSM/HP Service ManagerNSW
- FTDynamics AX Functional Consultant (Sales & Marketing Modules)NSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTDatabase Modelling SpecialistACT
- TPSpatial Science OfficerQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Technical Consultant - SQLACT