Good Gear Guide was a guest of Samsung Australia at the Samsung Regional Forum 2015 in Thailand, a tradeshow dedicated to the range of next-generation products coming to Australia and the Asia Pacific.
AV Enthusiast Centre
At CES 2011, Samsung unveiled over 40 new LED, LCD and plasma TVs. We've cherry-picked the coolest models and accessories and taken a closer look.
Sony took the CES by storm by unveiling a bunch of new products and updating a few fan favorites. here's a look at some of the products that'll be in stores this year, from TVs, to laptops to camcorders big and small.
With Christmas just around the corner, many stores are beginning to slash the prices of their home entertainment products from brands like Samsung, LG, Pioneer, Sharp and Sony. If you're looking for a new HD TV, Blu-ray player, home entertainment system or media streamer this Christmas, check out some of these great savings. Click on the model name to read an in-depth review of each product.
Whether you're an audiophile or just interested in good entertainment options, we have compiled a slideshow of some of the top brands in the world -- some of which you have probably never heard of.
Since its founding in 1946, Sony has produced some of the biggest hits in consumer electronics. Brand names like Walkman, Handycam and Trinitron helped define the company as a giant in the industry and more recent hits like Cybershot, Vaio, Bravia and PlayStation have helped keep it there. But no success story is failure-free. Let's take a look back at some Sony products that didn't win consumers' hearts and minds.
Last night, nefarious members of Australia's technology press converged at the CBD Bar, Sydney, for a Halloween Party thrown by PR firm Max Australia, whose clients include NetApp, Fuji-Xerox, Belkin and Symantec.
This year, BenQ plans to break into the Australian camcorder market with a range of affordable, self-branded digital video cameras. Each model in the BenQ camcorder range features Full HD video recording (1080x1920p), plus unique features such as dual SD card slots and 3D capabilities on select models only.
Back in 2006, an entry-level Blu-ray player would set you back a minimum of $1000. Today, most models cost around $400-$500, with some retailing for under 200 bucks. In other words, there has never been a better time to toss away your old DVD player.
If your dad is anything like mine, he probably thinks he's a dab hand with a video camera (apparently it's a middle-aged male thing; like operating the remote on a VCR). Whenever the family gets together, it always seems to be dad who's in charge of movie-making duties, while the rest of us waste time preparing, cooking and serving the lunch.
On Friday, Samsung launched its latest LED television, the 7.98mm thick Series 9. The Samsung Series 9 supports 3D viewing, has a 200Hz refresh rate and comes with a touch-screen remote control.
Bowers & Wilkins have long been considered one of the premier makers of audio speakers in the world. When it comes to home cinema, iPod docks and hi-fi solutions, Bowers & Wilkins are indeed the cream of the crop in speakers. Founder, John Bowers gave the company one goal: to develop the perfect speaker. We take a look at their products and can only dream of one day owning a set of speakers from the iconic brand.
Back in the 1940s during the Second World War, electronics company Bang & Olufsen fought to stay afloat when Danish Nazi sympathisers destroyed their factory as revenge for its refusal to co-operate with German forces. (In fact, many of their employees were actively involved in the Danish resistance.)
In just 10 short days, the 2010 FIFA World Cup will kick off in Johannesburg, South Africa, bringing joy and euphoric agony to every corner of the globe. For Australian football fans in the southern hemisphere, this means a fortnight of broken sleep, bleary eyes and botched workflows.
With 3D TVs like Samsung's Series 7 (UA55C7000) hitting the market, we decided to take a look back at where it all began: in the 1890s, when British film pioneer William Friese-Greene filed a patent for a 3D movie process. Two films were projected side by side on screen, with viewers having to look through a stereoscope to unite the two images together.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 2 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 3 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera UHD TV review: good hardware, fragmented software
- 5 Microsoft Lumia 640 review: Honouring Nokia's legacy
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorACT
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- FTAX Lead Technical ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTSenior Developer (Full stack)SA
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- FTStibo PIM Consultant - Permanent OpportunityNSW
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- CCSoftware Engineer (Client facing) - Publisher SolutionsNSW
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- CCSecurity Administrative Support OfficerACT
- CCInteractional Designer-Adobe Creative Cloud, SketchNSW
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Network Engineer - NV1ACT
- FTNetwork Engineer- LinuxWA
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW
- CCRelease Manager, InfrastructureNSW
- FTData Feeds Developer | Financial Services | C# & SQLNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia