Bose recently updated its QuietComfort 15 and AE2i headphones with iPod- and iPhone-friendly cables with in-line remote controls. The QuietComfort 15 is the better and more expensive set of the two -- their very impressive active noise cancelling doe...
AV Enthusiast Centre - Reviews
The Panasonic DMR-PWT500 fits a Blu-ray and DVD player into a personal video recorder with a HD tuner -- it’s like the Samsung BD-C8900, except with twin tuners. Like the BD-C8900 it’s quite stylish and has some nifty extra features, but you’re payin...
The Yamaha BD-S671 is a very well built Blu-ray player with a basic feature-set. It doesn't have the diverse range of Internet and video-on-demand gubbins that you can find in Blu-ray players from LG, Sony or Samsung (and Panasonic, to an extent), bu...
The Bose AE2i headphones are an update designed to appeal to the Apple crowd, with an in-line volume control and multifunction button that works with iPhones, iPods and MacBooks alike.
The Sony BDP-S580 is the best Blu-ray player that Sony makes. The only thing that makes it better than the $50 cheaper BDP-S480, though, is its integrated Wi-Fi networking -- something we don't think should come at an extra price. If you're willing t...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL-55HX925 is, surprisingly, the smallest model in the company’s top range of LED-backlit LCD televisions. Despite being a 55in panel it’s dwarfed by the gargantuan 65in KDL-65HX925, which hasn’t been released yet but will command a ...
Bang & Olufsen has built its brand around extremely well constructed products with a signature look -- lots of brushed aluminium and glossy black accents. The new B&O EarSet 3i headphones are no different, and their sound quality is of a high standar...
The LG 47LW6500 is the first 'Cinema 3D' panel we've had the chance to take a look at -- LG is the only manufacturer in Australia opting for passive rather than active 3D in its LED TVs. The technology promises to get rid of headaches while offering ...
The Sony BDP-S480 sits in the middle of Sony's line-up -- it's $30 more expensive than the cheap Sony BDP-S380, but this small price premium gets you 3D video playback and remote control via a free iOS or Android app on your smartphone. We don't thin...
The Samsung Series 8 (PS59D8000) is a 59in 3D plasma TV that builds on the high quality and impressive performance of last year's Series 7 plasma. It's got an excellent plasma panel and can display a great deal of detail from Full HD video, with almo...
The Series 8 is Samsung’s top-tier LED TV, with all the features of lesser TVs as well as boosts to picture quality and video processing. If you can afford to pay for it it’s an excellent TV with no crippling flaws -- the few problems are mainly rest...
The Sony BRAVIA KDL-46HX820 is an upgrade from last year’s HX800, which won our Editor’s Choice award for its combination of excellent picture quality and useful BRAVIA Internet Video service. The HX820 expands on the HX800’s setup with a new design,...
The Sony STR-DH820 amplifier is a mid-level A/V receier that supports 3D video pass-through. It'd make a good addition to a low-budget 3D home cinema, and its auto calibration works well to optimise a surround sound speaker setup.
Sony's STR-DH520 is an entry-level surround sound amplifier that supports pass-through of 3D signals, so you can use it with a 3D TV and 3D Blu-ray player — there's no need to buy a low-quality all-in-one 3D home theatre system.
Sony's entry-level Blu-ray player, the BDP-S380, has an impressively wide range of features. It's a great player for watching Blu-ray movies, but it also has BRAVIA Internet Video for Web features like streaming ABC iView.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- TPProject Coordinator. Business Process Improvement ProgramNSW
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- RFQ, Test Manager- Government backgroundNSW
- CCSenior Test EngineerACT
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCField Engineer - Hardware DecommissionNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperVIC
- FTCampaign AnalystVIC
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCWindows Systems Engineer - AD, VMware, RedHat experienceNSW
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- TPSQL/BI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraNSW
- TPChange ManagerQLD