Today Sony unveiled the HDR-FX1000: a new HDV Handycam aimed at the prosumer and high-end consumer markets.
AV Enthusiast Centre - News
IceTV has announced new features for PVRs and Media Centre PCs that use its service. Any device that is able to connect to the IceTV Interactive Web-scheduling service now has the ability to record via keywords.
Tuesday saw the release of a 108in LCD television by Sharp Electronics. Destined for commercial enterprises, it has a host of features that make it an enticing product. You could probably order one for your home, but at $169,000 you'll need a lot of ...
"Beats by Dr. Dre" is the name of a new set of high-performance headphones conceived and designed by the famous music producer himself in conjunction with Monster, the company already well known for its Monster Cable and Monster Power home entertainm...
Seven Media Group-owned company Hybrid Television Services today revealed that TiVo personal video recorders would be available through the Qantas Frequent Flyer rewards program. Participants in the system accrue points whenever they use Qantas servi...
If you’re one of the few consumers who bought a TiVo before the Olympic Games and were a little disheartened at the lack of functionality, there’s some salvation in sight.
Western Digital (WD) yesterday announced a new media-streaming device aimed at mainstream consumers. Dubbed the 'WD TV Media Player', it allows users to play stored digital content on their high-definition televisions in Full HD 1080p resolution. The...
If you're old enough, you probably remember fondly the warm glow of vacuum tubes from inside the family television or radio but likely don't wish for the good old days of vinyl records, preferring the convenience of Compact Discs. A Tokyo-based compa...
Panasonic and LG have announced new Blu-ray players for the Australian market priced at under $500. The new models feature the latest Blu-ray technology and features, including BD-Live and Dolby True HD audio. The LG BD300 will be available in late O...
Apple customers unhappy that the company dropped FireWire from its newest notebooks are venting their frustrations on the company's support forum in several hundred messages.
Hybrid Television Services, the company behind the Australian release of the TiVo media device, today announced a deal with popular electronics retailer JB Hi-Fi that will allow TiVo set-top boxes to be sold in its stores.
NEC Thursday launched its first full-HD plasma TV, the 50-inch PXT-50FHDP1.
Panasonic, which started producing televisions 56 years ago, claimed to set a world record with its 300 millionth set on Oct. 7. Panasonic says it is the only TV manufacturer to reach that level of production.
Sanyo Electric has developed a blue laser diode that will help lay the ground toward higher capacity and faster Blu-ray Disc systems.
The Geneva Sound System is an iPod-compatible speaker system geared towards audio enthusiasts. Equipped with a slot-loading CD player, FM radio (with tuner presets) and an iPod dock, it aims to deliver a complete hi-fi music system in one stylish box...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 2 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 3 Parrot Mambo Drone review
- 4 Evapolar USB air conditioner review
- 5 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service Provider - No two days are the sameNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW