Flash, the technology used by YouTube to stream video clips into your browser window, is now installed on 98 percent of all computers, according to Adobe Systems, which acquired the technology in 2005. The company also says that about 80 percent of W...
AV Enthusiast Centre
General Electric Global Research says it has figured out a way to put up to 500GB of data on a regular-sized DVD disc under laboratory conditions. GE says its breakthrough was achieved by writing 3-dimensional patterns that represent data onto a disc...
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) has finalised access arrangements for digital radio, clearing the way for wide scale DAB+ broadcasts to begin.
Within the next few years, companies from Taiwan may begin selling LCD TVs with 3D (three-dimensional) viewing technology that does not require the special glasses normally used in movie theaters to show 3D films.
Pay TV provider Foxtel has updated its Web site, with the new Foxtel.com.au featuring a full-screen video player on its front page that displays Foxtel ads and clips from Foxtel-exclusive programs.
The High Court of Australia has released its decision on the court case between IceTV and the Nine Network. The panel of judges found that IceTV is not guilty of copyright infringement in its creation of a third-party reproduction of the Nine Network...
Sharp has revised down its outlook for the fiscal year just-ended and now expects to lose around ¥130 billion (US$1.3 billion), it said Wednesday.
The Sony XEL-1 is the company's first OLED television screen. Priced at &6999, it has an 11-inch panel with a resolution of 960x540 — which may not sound impressive — but Sony claims the XEL-1 has better image quality than any existing te...
Sharp has announced the release of a new range of LCD televisions with the introduction of the D77X series. These televisions offer a good mix of price and performance, featuring 100Hz motion smoothing, a 50000:1 dynamic contrast ratio and a new LCD ...
Senator Stephen Conroy, the Minister for Broadband, Communications and the Digital Economy, has launched a new campaign with the aim of getting Australia ready for digital television.
Panasonic Australia today launched two new Blu-ray disc recorders, the DMR-BW750 and DMR-BW850. The Panasonic DMR-BW750 is equipped with a 250GB hard drive (HDD) while the Panasonic DMR-BW850 comes with 500GB of onboard memory. Both models are VIERA...
Thomson has released software for the creation and playback of a new type of audio file using lossless compression. MP3HD files will be around four times the size of corresponding MP3 files, but will remain compatible with existing MP3 players.
The Good Guys will take on TiVo after licensee, Hybrid Television Services, added the chain to its retail channel.
Sony today announced it will inject 20,000 new Blu-ray players into Australian homes via a new Bravia TV promotion.
Impossible Software of Germany has cracked the problem that lead to the company's name.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost review
- 2 Synology DS216+ Review
- 3 Review: TCL C1 series 4K TV
- 4 Sony 75-inch UHD TV (X9400C) review: Sony and Android are a winning duo
- 5 LG 55EG960T OLED UHD TV
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Best Deals on Good Gear Guide
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCProject Scheduler - IT Security ProgramNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTBusiness Analyst - Clinical SystemsSA
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCMicrosoft .NET Developer (Server and Applications)SA
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCRelease and Deployment ManagerACT
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW