So it's that time of year again (i.e. - tax time), and you've decided to treat yourself -- or surreptitiously 'treat' your spouse -- to a high-definition camcorder.
AV Enthusiast Centre - Features
Bentley's in-car audio systems are designed by boutique speaker manufacturer Naim and are touted as "the world's best" automotive audio experience. We can't exactly test these claims, but we can show you a bit of the technology behind the scenes.
Sony’s Z Series televisions are the first models in the world to feature a 200 Hertz refresh rate -- twice the rate that current top-of-the-line televisions refresh at.
Sonos music system owners who also own an iPhone are now able to use their handsets to control the company’s multi-room music installations. The Sonos Controller for iPhone is free of charge. The only caveat is that you must have one of Sonos’ multi-...
It was a typical Saturday morning, and my children were swinging nunchuks at each other again. Though my son and daughter go medieval on each other several times a day, I wasn't worried. They were just using the Wii.
Traditionally, high quality home audio has been the realm of elitist audiophiles with $10,000 speaker cables and other over-the-top paraphernalia.
If you've got a modern big-screen TV or projector setup, chances are you're interested in getting the highest quality, most immersive cinema experience possible. Where many systems stumble, though, is with sound quality.
These days, most people are pretty serious about digital video, whether they realise it or not. With new technology entering the marketplace -- and camcorder prices constantly sliding -- the archaic embarrassment of the ‘VHS-cam’ has become a thing o...
Bang & Olufsen -- one of the world’s leading manufacturers of high-end AV equipment -- has opened a flagship ‘glass cube’ showroom in the heart of Adelaide’s CBD. The two-story showroom features the full Bang & Olufsen (B&O) product range, as well as...
A quiet revolution has begun in our living rooms. Microsoft and Sony plan to overthrow your A/V receiver, DVD player, and set-top box, and replace them with one of their game consoles. This past spring, both companies unveiled movie download and stre...
An HDTV is just a TV with a pretty picture until you add a few important accoutrements. The dozen add-ons shown here will greatly enhance your HDTV watching experience.
Plasma is dead. Front and rear projection? Fuggeddaboutit. LCD has a few good years left, and then it's sayonara, baby. TV technology's future lies in tiny phosphorescent molecules.
This is the Kipnis Studio Standard. It was built with the intention of creating the best possible movie experience possible. Read on to find out where all that money went.
For consumers still living with a standard-definition television, DVD-quality video is generally accepted as good enough. For the latest whiz-bang high-definition plasma, Blu-ray or HD-DVD is optimal. But what does the future hold?
It was only a few months ago that Blu-ray emerged as the victor in the hotly contested war against the forces of HD-DVD. While HD-DVD is vanquished, Blu-ray can't rest on its laurels for too long -- the high-definition war is far from over. Both Inte...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 3 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 4 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
- 5 Parrot Mambo Drone review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Convoy International restructures business focus
- Samsung is giving away free 3D glasses
- HTC joins with Beats By Dr. Dre
- Universal 3D glasses coming in 2012
- JB Hi-Fi three hour sale cuts prices on Apple Macs, TVs and cameras
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudVIC
- TPProcurement Support AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - PHPACT
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementQLD
- TPProject ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCActive Directory EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- CCLead Systems EngineerNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- FTServicing Financial Planner - CBDVIC
- CCUX DesignerNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Analyst/Salesforce Developer APEXNSW
- CCCX Program LeadNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Agile DigitalVIC
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW