Tesla has announced the prices vehicle owners will have to pay to use its Supercharger stations. A trip from Los Angeles to San Francisco will now cost about $15 under its plan. But, early adopters will still be able to juice up for free.
INU is an electric, luxury scooter that's intended for a young generation of urban working professionals.
While 2016 sucked in many ways, many great things happened in the world of technology. However, there were some absolute shockers too. Here we look at the 10 best technology products of 2016 and follow it with the 10 worst technology products of 2016.
Startup Nikola Motor Co. took the wraps off its semi-tractor trailer truck powered by a hydrogen fuel cell with 1,000 horsepower and a range of 800 to 1,200 miles on a single fill-up.
Apple has said in comments to the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration that it is “excited” about the potential use of automated systems in many areas, including transportation.
After committing $250 million to self-driving cars earlier this month, it appears Intel is joining forces with Delphi and ex-Tesla partner Mobileye.
Nine out of 10 consumers recently surveyed said they are aware of privacy issues related to electronics in their vehicles and willing to share that data -- as long as they get something in return.
Intel plans to spend an additional $250 million over the next two years to make fully autonomous driving a reality.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk said the company will probably add photovoltaic charging technology on its future cars.
Tesla today announced that customers who buy its cars after Jan. 1, 2017 will receive about 1,000 miles worth of free charges from its Supercharging stations. After that, for the first time ever, they'll be required to pay to recharge.
With the latest update, you can use the driver-optimized interface right on your phone or tablet, with no special car hardware necessary.
Ford has expanded its partnership with Blackberry to use its QNX software in its Internet-connected cars. The goal: to ensure the mobile platform is secure as the company moves toward a self-driving fleet.
Last week, Formula One and Tata Communications provided a peek into the future of motorsport when they announced the winners of its 2016 F1 Connectivity Innovation Prize, focused on fan-created virtual reality and augmented reality apps.
Self-driving truck company Otto teamed with Anheuser-Busch to successfully deliver a semi-tractor full of beer to Colorado Springs, a journey of 120 miles.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Star Wars Death Star Bluetooth levitating rotating speaker review
- 2 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 3 Fetch TV Mighty review: Better than Foxtel
- 4 Fetch TV Mini review: Make your TV a smart TV
- 5 Panasonic Viera DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review
Join the Good Gear Guide newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Here's how much Tesla will require EV owners to pay to charge up
- INU is a pricey personal scooter for the urban consumer
- Nikola Motor unveils its hydrogen fuel cell 18-wheeler
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Report: Intel plans to make the Core i7 the brains behind self-driving cars
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Which flagship TV is best? Sony 4K HDR Bravia 2016 versus LG 4K HDR OLED 2016
- 10 Blu-ray movies / Best looking Blu-ray movies
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCChange Manager l Port Macquarie NSWNSW
- FTInfrastructure ConsultantQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst-DevOpsNSW
- FTITCM EngineerNSW
- TPAnsarada Data Room AdministratorNSW
- FTMS Exchange System Engineer l PowerShell l Message LabsNSW
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- CCBiztalk DeveloperACT
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCTechnology Support Specialist - Multiple RolesSA
- CCSenior C++ Software EngineerQLD
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- CCIT Support AnalystVIC
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPProject CoordintorVIC
- TP.Net DeveloperVIC
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- CCMaster Planner /SchedulerQLD